About Black Diamond Equipment Burn Backpack
Closeouts. The perfect backpack for heavy-duty day hikes and light-and-fast overnights, Black Diamond Equipment's Burn backpack holds its own over boulders and uneven terrain, thanks to the breathable OpenAir back panel and reACTIVE waistbelt with SwingArm shoulder straps that allow a full range of motion. The front bungee system offers load compression as well as an additional place to stash a layer or two.
Specs about Black Diamond Equipment Burn Backpack
- Pack material: Ripstop nylon
- Frame type: Internal
- Frame material: High-density polyethylene (HDPE)
- Hydration compatible: Yes
- Pack loading: Top
- Ice tool/trekking pole loops: Yes
- Recommended use: Backpacking Day or Overnight,Climbing
- Volume liters: 26
- Dimensions: 22x11x6"
- Pack capacity: 1425 cu.in.
- Weight: 2 lb. 4 oz.
- Fits torsos: 17-1/2 - 20-1/2q"
- Dimensions: 24x11x6"
- Pack capacity: 1584 cu.in.
- Weight: 2 lb. 13 oz.
- Fits torsos: 19-1/2 - 23-1/2"
- Made in Philippines
- Visit our Backpack Guide
- US shipments only
Do you own this product? Write a review and help others with their buying decisions!Write a review
Most Helpful 5-Star Review
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Day Hiker from North Carolina on Wednesday, August 20, 2014This pack fits exceptionally well and is more comfortable than comparable packs this size and larger. I am 6 foot tall with a 38 inch waist and a long torso. This pack has wide-placed shoulder straps and the waist belt easily accommodates my waist while absorbing the packs weight on my hips. The pack itself is narrow and requires it be packed with consideration for items placed vertically as there is just a single top access to the interior. The side packets are helpful for snacks or water bottle placement.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by carpfly tier from Kansas on Monday, August 4, 2014I purchased this back pack as a present for my son. I am very pleased by the quality construction of this backpack I am sure he will get many years of productive use from this product.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Man Mountain from Eastern Pennsylvania on Wednesday, July 23, 2014At over 6'3" tall, there are few options for this category of pack for my torso length. This pack gave me the length I needed and the sale price was by far the best deal I found to replace a worn out lighter duty day pack in preparation for a 9 day vacation to Grand Canyon, Zion and Bryce Canyon NPs. The pack fits me as well as any small pack I've owned. I put a separately purchased 2 L hydration bladder in the built in area (it could fit up to a 3 L) and could fit up to a 1 L flexible bladder or water bottle in each of the side pockets. I carried ponchos, spare clothing etc for other family members in addition to my own on each of the day hikes we took on our trip. I used the compression bungees and loops at bottom to attach a pair of Trek Poles securely on the outside of the pack. I am satisfied with the purchase and am sure this pack will see a lot of use with my sons Scouting events and future family vacations.
There are only two cons that kept me from giving this pack a 5 star rating:
- The belt only adjusts out to a 39" maximum waist, which I either missed or was not stated in the specs. Not an issue for a lot of folks - but beware if you have a larger build. I bought a buckle and 2 ft of 1 " webbing for < $4 at a local supercenter and fashioned a waist extender that worked great.
- The pack has only one belt pouch, two zippered pockets in the top cover (one internal & one external) and two side stretch pockets for organization of gear. Inside the main compartment, there is only the hydration bladder pouch / hang strap and the large open compartment. I'm looking at making some more minor modifications to better fit my needs, but others may not find this to be an issue.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Weekend Hker from NC on Wednesday, May 28, 2014Great pack, sized right for day hikes, overnights or multi-day trips if you're a minimalist. Quality construction, good fit
Reviewed by Miami Valley Gear Guy from Miami Valley, Ohio on Thursday, December 26, 2013I got this pack for a lightweight option for 1-2 night trips. After 2 single night trips I am confident that it will work for longer trips. I had to cut some stiching to remove the frame backing. Now, it can be worn with or without. Removing it saves me a few ounces and the foam padding remains. There is a sleeve that runs vertically down the inside of the back. It's opposite the external webbing. There are 2 pockets on the top. You can easily access the side pockets while wearing. There is 1 small hip pocket that will hold a little more than a phone.There is no rain cover. I'm glad I got this pack. It would make for a good starter pack for someone who doesn't have one.
Answer If you click on the sizes available the volume for that size is reviled. I.E. M (Torso Length 17½-20½, 1587 CU.IN.) L (Torso Length 19½-23½, 1700 CU.IN.).