If you can name this river please enter it in the comments below. Then forward this game on to a friend to see if they know the answer too. In previous weeks the answer has been the name of a mountain, a national park or a lake, but today the correct answer is the name of a river.
- The river's old-growth forests, its healthy fish runs, and the great fishing and whitewater rafting opportunities led to the designation of more than half of the length of the river into the National Wild and Scenic Rivers System.
- This river offers everything for kayakers of all skill levels-The upper portion challenges hardcore creek-boaters while the lower stretches are perfect for summertime tubers to cool off while gently floating the river.
- Located near a large city known for a great deal of rainfall, this river offers good water flow from May well into the fall and is popular for commercial whitewater rafting as well as local kayakers.
- Draining an area of about 940 square miles, the river flows through mostly forested and rugged mountainous terrain in its upper reaches then passes agricultural and urban areas in its lower third. The river passes through two state parks before reaching the southern suburbs of a city known for the convergence of two rivers.
- Flowing generally northwest and then west for about 83 miles, the river falls nearly 4,900 feet between its source and its mouth.
Too easy? Leave a comment below to let us know the answer to this Mystery Destination. Have you ever visited this river? How was the kayaking?
If you enjoyed playing along, check out our other Mystery Destination Games:
Name that Peak
Canyons, Buttes and Mesas
*Thumbnail photo courtesy of Gabriel Amadeus