- Construction of a 1.1 mile tunnel to increase access to the park began in the late 1920's and was completed in 1930. At the time that the tunnel was dedicated, on July 4, 1930, it was the longest tunnel of its type in the United States.
- The park is an amazing place for hiking, guided horseback riding, camping and rock climbing.
- The National Park includes mountains, canyons, buttes, mesas, monoliths, rivers, slot canyons, and natural arches.
- The geologic formations of this area over 250 million years- record periods of time when this area was covered by a shallow sea; when huge, sluggish rivers, bordered by swamplands, meandered across the landscape; and when a vast desert-perhaps the largest on the planet-covered the region.
- The area was originally protected by President Taft under the name Mukuntuweap National Monument. The name was changed in 1918 with the thought that people would be less likely to visit a park they couldn't pronounce.
Do you know which national park we are describing in the clues above? Enter the answer in the comments below then share this game with your friends to see if they know the answer. Have you visited this national park before? When was the last time you were there?
Did you enjoy this mystery destination game? Be sure to check out some of our previous destinations.