Did you ever look at an Arc'teryx product and wonder why they chose a prehistoric-looking skeleton to represent their brand? This Canadian company put a lot of thought behind their logo and their name. Arc'teryx was named after Archaeopteryx Lithographica — the first reptile to develop feathers for flight. Now when you see that little fossil, you can think about a gravity-defying form of evolution. Arc'teryx uses this bold form of evolution as inspiration when creating their products.
Arc'teryx began by creating climbing gear and backpacks, making a leap into apparel and outerwear in the mid 1990s. This brand took the outerwear world by storm, revolutionizing the industry with innovations such as WaterTight zippers and the softshell jacket. All of Arc'teryx's products are designed around innovation, craftsmanship and high-quality performance so athletes using their gear can keep working to reach the next level.
Sierra Trading Post offers Arc'teryx backpacks and apparel at low prices to help you get the most out of your gear. Take a look at a few of our favorite Arc'teryx products:
1. Arc'teryx Cyclic Shirt - Zip Neck, Long Sleeve (For Women): This long-sleeve was designed with cyclists in mind. A mid-weight front fabric will keep you comfortable as you break new speed records, while a lightweight fabric in the back and underarms will wick moisture where needed most.
2. Arc'teryx Zeta AR Gore-Tex® Jacket - Waterproof (For Women): Protect yourself from the elements with the Arc'teryx Zeta AR jacket. A windproof and waterproof Gore-Tex® membrane work to keep you dry and warm, while a low-profile hood stowed away in the collar can offer extra protection if needed.
3. Arc'teryx Solita Jersey Jacket (For Women): This mid-weight layer is perfect for cold climate runners. The jersey material wicks moisture, dries quickly and even features a finish that helps reduce odor. A reflective logo on the front left side of the jacket adds an extra element of safety when running on short, winter days.
4. Arc'teryx Cyclic Shirt - Zip Neck, Long Sleeve (For Men): This form fitting log-sleeve wicks moisture, manages odor and allows your skin to breath. It's ideal for layering but also works well on its own. A small, zippered pocket on the lower right side rounds out this all-around great layer.
5. Arc'teryx Beta AR Gore-Tex® Jacket - Waterproof (For Men): Having been part of the Arc'teryx outerwear line since it started, this jacket has proven itself to be a staple in the outdoor realm. Durable, breathable and completely waterproof, this jacket is perfect for exploring even in harsh conditions.
6. Arc'teryx Alpha Comp Pants - Waterproof (For Men): Arc'teryx's Alpha Comp pants uses a hybrid design that features Gore-Tex® panels at the seat, the front of the legs and the lower leg cuffs. This design allows you to stay warm, dry and mobile.
Sierra Trading Post offers these Arc'teryx products and more at prices to help you discover more, but we want to give you an extra 20% off. Just click on the coupon below.
Interested in winning a product from Arc'teryx? I had a hunch. Enter the raffle below. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. Open only to legal U.S. residents of the 50 United States and D.C. who are 18 years of age or older. See Official Rules at http://STP.me/BrandSpot for additional eligibility restrictions, prize descriptions/conditions, entry periods and complete details. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: Sierra Trading Post, Inc. 5025 Campstool Rd., Cheyenne, WY 82007.
Arc'teryx Brand Spotlight and Giveaway
By Lauren Seidl
December 23, 2015
Join the Conversation