Reviewed by kater from MN on Sunday, October 27, 2013
I haven't hiked in these yet, so I can't comment on long-term use (although other reviews on the internet following heavy use were good--a very thorough review can be found by googling the shoe name and "Gail Staisil" who did an extensive review), but I can talk about the fit. I have numerous pairs ...
Based on 47 reviews:Overall:
Your search for "" returned reviews for Chaco-Tedinho-Boots-Waterproof-For-Women
Reviewed by Jayelyn from northeastern Washington on Tuesday, June 24, 2014
I've been delighted with Chacos for several years now but have never had a pair of Chaco boots. As I've only tried them on but not worn them around yet, I'm only rating them 4 stars. They do seem like they're going to be a wonderful boot--comfortable like all my Chacos, gray arch support, well made.
Reviewed by pa-beans from Pennsylvania on Friday, May 23, 2014
I ordered these to see if they could replace my backpacking boots. I have Chaco Unaweep sandals and love the insole -- great support for the foot with Evil Plantar Fasciitis.
My sandals are a 7. I ordered the boots in two sizes, 7.5 and 8. Truthfully, I can hardly tell the difference between the two sizes, and may keep both pairs. I haven't worn them outside the carpeted areas of my house yet, but this is what I've noticed so far:
1. A 7 -- the size that fits me in the sandals -- would have been too small.
2. The insole does not feel like it has the same support as the sole of the Unaweep sandals.
3. When they're laced all the way to the top, the top loops press uncomfortably on my ankle (not a big deal, I just won't use the top loop).
4. The outsole is very flexible -- bendy at the metatarsal. I've been wearing backpacking boots for years, so I'm used to the stiffness of a steel (or steel-like) shank and the support of a higher ankle cuff. As these are a mid-weight dayhiker, they have a totally different feel.
5. You can "feel" the floor (and presumably the rocks on a trail). Again, this is most likely because I'm used to backpacking boots, not dayhiking boots.
6. I took the insoles out of the boots and put them next to the sandals. To my eyes, the arch of the boot's insole does not look to be as high as those of the sandals. It's also not as firm; you can poke the boot's insole at the arch and it gives a bit. You can't do that to the sandal.
7. The heelcup is nice and deep, perhaps even slimmer than on the sandal, but not constricting as it does give a bit when it's inside the boot.
8. The toe box is roomy, though not swimming-pool wide.
For me, I think they will make great beefy everyday shoes, as opposed to hiking boots.
Reviewed by Kermit crew from Virginia Beach on Tuesday, April 15, 2014
I just ordered a second pair of these boots, they are very comfortable, supportive, and I had no problems with water seeping through after stepping in a stream while hiking on the AT recently. They do take a little breaking in, but that's to be expected with all-leather-upper boot. I have a lot of trouble finding boots and shoes in my size - 12 medium- so grabbed these because it looks like Chaco is no longer offering women's size 12, based on their 2014 spring products. When I ordered, Bungee was the only color available, and I don't find it to be as awful as some described on other sites, it actually matches some of my brownish-green hiking pants by Northface and Royal Robbins. The color is more brown than green. I'm hoping that two pair will last a long time!
Reviewed by Blueribboncookies from Midwest on Thursday, April 3, 2014
I ordered these because I love the other Chaco boots I have (Belyn Baa Boots - love these boots!!!). These seem to have the same great support. They're well made and the leather is beautiful. We have quite a bit of ice and snow here, and the traction looks great. As per some of the other reviews I ordered a size larger than I usually wear. Unfortunately they were too big, so I am exchanging. While I have only tried these on, I expect that a smaller size will work fine. I usually wear and 8; a 9 was too long; re-ordering an 8.5.