"Functionality meets fashion!"
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Adi the Climber from San Francisco, CA on Tuesday, September 25, 2012
I moved to San Francisco in July and I needed some warm clothes for chilly nights in the city and in Yosemite. I bought the Columbia Sportswear Mercury Maven Down Vest and love it! I wear it almost everyday to commute to work and have brought to crags for when I'm belaying and on backpacking trips. It is so, so comfortable, sheds water (assuming its not down pouring), packs down super small for backpacking/ climbing adventures, and is super cute! It runs slightly long in length, which is good for added warmth of if you're like me and have a long torso. It isn't water proof, but that's what you get with down. Bottom line: If you're looking for an AFFORDABLE technical yet fashionable vest, this is the one for you.
- Best Uses: Casual Wear, Cold Weather, Hiking and Camping, Skiing/Snowboarding
- Chest Size: Feels true to size
- Cons: Not Waterproof
- Describe Yourself: Avid Adventurer
- Fit: Feels true to size
- Pros: Comfortable, Lightweight, Machine Wash, Packs Down, Sheds water, Stylish, Warm, Warm Liners In Pockets, Zip Pockets
- Sleeve Length: Feels true to length
- Was this a gift?: No