Reviewed by DWW from Texas on Tuesday, June 2, 2015
Another reviewer noted the sizing differences, including that the navy is a trim fit. That was what was desired, but it was too narrow in the shoulders. I have owned many Hickey products, and this one was very oddly sized. It was returned.
Reviewed by Dirtworm from District of Columbia on Wednesday, May 27, 2015
Hickey Freeman is, without a doubt, some of the finest off-the-rack clothing available. The workmanship and material is absolutely gorgeous. And at basically 50% off retail, Sierra’s prices should not be passed up.
Unfortunately, I ended up returning this jacket as it was a very, very narrow/trim cut. I would not be surprised if the size was mislabeled. Having said this I would not hesitate purchasing other HF products from Sierra in the future.
Reviewed by [...] John from Colorado on Wednesday, April 1, 2015
This is the second blazer I ordered of this specific advertised product. I gave the first one (42R Navy) a 5 star review. It was so good I immediately ordered the deep navy. It turns out they are not the same.
The navy one that was perfect for me is a Milburn model and fit right out of the box. The deep navy is a Lindsey model and was way too big through the middle. It’s a completely different fit. The construction and material of the deep navy Lindsey are great, and it has metal buttons (though not the ones pictured on the website). Unfortunately it would take substantial tailoring to make the Lindsey jacket fit. Probably still a great buy if it fits your shape, but not for me, so it’s going back. Fortunately STP is great about returns. Minus one star for the misleading product presentation but not the jacket itself.
Reviewed by [...] John from Colorado on Monday, March 23, 2015
I wear a jacket to work just about every day and try to keep a decent seasonal rotation. Thanks to STP I can do so without going broke. I've tried a lot of options, including MTM, and this HF is my new favorite (along with a navy Jack Victor hopsack also purchases at STP). All my other jackets need significant tailoring, including supressing the waiste and adjusting the sleeves. At 5'11, 185 with a true 34 waist, the 42R fit me perfectly and even the sleeve length is right. That's never happened before. I received the navy Milburn model with side vents and metal buttons. The buttons are nice and not at all shiny, just as pictured. There are only 3 buttons on each sleeve, but I think it looks fine and have no intention of replacing the buttons (though I would if they were navy plastic). The material and drape are great. The smooth worsted wool is on the thin side, which is good because I intend to wear this in the warmer months. I have no indication this jacket is a second and all seams look good. I have been watching this jacket and waited almost a year to purchase. I should have bought it right away. After trying this on and inspecting it, I ordered another in deep navy. Good thing, because they showed out of stock the next day.
Reviewed by Davey Crockett from Tennessee on Friday, March 13, 2015
- First, the 40S fit my 165lb 5'8" frame nearly perfectly, albeit slightly more snug in the shoulders than I would prefer.
- The shape of the jacket is very American, but not too boxy like most American suits/ blazers That said, the blazer sports distinctively sharper contours than most Italian or other European suits. Generally I prefer the Italian cut, but the Hickey Freeman jacket here is nonetheless quite a pleasing shape.
- Deep Navy is a great color, and should pair with a wide variety of pants and shirt combos, casual or more formal. It's a true Navy, quite dark, but not black. The kind of Navy Blue that you'd find in a traditional American Navy Peacoat.
- The Worsted Wool material is spectacular.
- Made in USA!
- Slightly too snug at the shoulders--prohibitive if, for example, I wanted to get a sweater underneath
- THE DEAL KILLER: Appears to be a "2nd" because the left sleeve is bunched up noticeably where it attaches to the shoulder; A flaw where there is a "gap" in material circumventing the sleeve at the shoulder; you can see it on the outside surface, and feel it inside when you run your fingers across the gap;
All these great pluses, so it REALLY pains me to return this jacket.
Reviewed by The Judge from Phoenix , AZ on Tuesday, January 27, 2015
I purchased two Blazers. They are outstanding, I thought I would order a Black blazer, considering how pleased with I am with my past purchases. The black blazer's material was inferior to the other Blazers. I decided to compare the the black with my blue blazers, discovered that they were two different models. Be careful in ordering.