Customer Reviews Of:
Jacob Ash EcoRaggs® Pop-Top Mittens (For Women)
- 70g Thinsulate® insulation
- Moisture-wicking fleece lining is made partially of recycled fibers
- Pop-Top secures to hand with touch-fasten pad
- Fabric: 50% wool, 50% recycled polyester
- Lining: 70% polyester, 30% recycled polyester
- Insulation: 50% olefin, 50% recycled polyester
- Care: Hand wash, dry flat
- Made in China
- Size: One size fits most
Average Rating based on 19 reviews 4.315789 0 5
Reviewed by ak2or from Oregon on Sunday, March 3, 2013Great for when you can't decide if you need gloves or not.
Reviewed by Deirdre from Chicago, IL on Thursday, February 21, 2013Purchased these to replace a more expensive pop-top pair. I'd lost one glove, didn't want to spend much since winter's almost over. These fit the bill.
They feel solid and sturdy, a bit overly bulky. Not especially stylish, but that's not needed for dog-walking! I have 2 issues:
- the pop-top feels big and consequently gaps a bit by my pinky, so the edge of my hand was a little cold. I don't think they'd be great for extended time outside, or especially cold weather. Maybe better for bigger hands?
- the velcro to hold back the popped-open top is a nice idea, but isn't great in practice because it's catching and snagging other things. I plan to remove the velcro, and maybe replace with magnets, as my original pair had.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Beverly from Eldersburg Md. on Monday, February 11, 2013Purchased a pair of your Rag Wool gloves with the leather palm grips..tried to order several more pairs and you were out of stock..purchased the other Rag Wool gloves fleece lined and they are fabulous..warmest ever..stand up to the bitter cold for hours..convenient ..just wish they too had the palm grips..
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Ang from SD, CA on Sunday, February 10, 2013Knitted outer shell, lined with fleece inside. Very cozy and not bulky. The pop-top feature is very handy when you need your finger/hand for grasping. Okay for cold weather, not for freezing weather.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Ang from Calif on Saturday, February 2, 2013I like the pop-top feature on these gloves because you don't have to remove them to handle "whatever.". They come lined with fleece, so they are warmer than if they were just knitted wool. Great buy for the sale price.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Tree from Jacumba,CA on Saturday, January 12, 2013Comfy warm mittens
Reviewed by jeff from quakertown, PA on Wednesday, January 9, 2013nice product. Gave them to my overly stylish neighbor lady for Christmas and she loved them
Verified Buyer Reviewed by soaringbuteos from Michigan on Thursday, December 27, 2012Love these gloves! They are very warm even when I don't have my finger tips covered. This is the first pair of gloves/mittens I've ever had that the tops flip back and they are great for photography. They do so seem a little bulky but since I don't have anything to compare them to I don't know if that is just my perception or not.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Nell2 from Southern Indiana on Friday, December 21, 2012They are very warm. As usual with this type of mitten, the flap that goes over the fingers is going to come loose. It needs to be reinforced.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Ky Gal from Louisville, Ky on Wednesday, October 10, 2012As a stroke survivor, I have one hand that will not go into a conventional glove. These are perfect when going out in cold weather for extended periods, and they are not bulky like ski mittens!
- Best Uses: Cold Weather, Commuting, Going Out
- Cons: Not Waterproof
- Describe Yourself: Comfort-oriented, Practical, Stylish
- Gear Usage: Cold Weather Living
- Pros: Durable, Easy to put on, Lightweight, Warm
- Sizing: Feels true to size
- Was this a gift?: No
Verified Buyer Reviewed by ksa from nyc on Thursday, January 19, 2012Nice warm mitten, easy to take top on & off, & velcro holds top in "off" position well. THe top is coming off after a few uses however. Looks to be an easy darn to reattach but was disappointing.
- Cons: Mitten top tears
- Pros: Good velcro top closure, Simple, Warm
Verified Buyer Reviewed by glove dad from Washington, DC on Wednesday, January 18, 2012Got these for my daughter to wear -- pop top gives her ability to use her hands without having to take the gloves off. They are very warm. she likes how they look and they are unique -- no one else has them
- Best Uses: Daily Wear, Recreation
- Cons: NO THUMB POP TOP, Not water proof
- Pros: POPTOP FOR FLEXIBILITY, Soft, Warm
Verified Buyer Reviewed by gflack71 from Ohio on Friday, January 6, 2012I use this product for doing barn chores. They are very warm and the pop-top allows me to do tasks that require fingers without my whole hand being exposed to the cold. Hay does stick to the wool but it doesn't bother me :)
- Pros: Attractive looking, Functional, Warm
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Minnesota gal from Minneapolis on Sunday, December 25, 2011Basically OK, but pop-tops started to unravel within 2 weeks and the velcro attachments started to come off nearly as quickly.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Always on the go from Columbus, Oh on Monday, December 19, 2011These are great gloves/mittens. Gloves do not keep my hands warms so this combo keeps my fingers and hands warm. I can flip the top back and drive and my finger tips are exposed when needed then flip the top over my finger tips when I get out of the car. These are the best gloves I have found and are very stylish. They go perfect with my North Face jacket. Every one loves my Pop-top Mittens!
- Pros: Stylish, Warm
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Birdwatcher from Colorado Springs, CO on Monday, December 5, 2011These pop-top mittens allow for greater dexterity than gloves or regular mittens when using the focus wheel on binoculars and when taking notes outdoors.
Hands stay warmer and I stay happier.
- Best Uses: Cold weather birdwatching
- Pros: Lining adds warmth, Velco patch holds Pop-Top
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Sissalee from Fairbanks, AK on Friday, November 11, 2011I walk my dog in all weather. These are great for using my fingers to clip and unclip leash. My hand is protected from the cold while doing tasks.
- Best Uses: Chores, Walking Dog
- Cons: Hard to remove, Over mitt could be longer
- Pros: Warm
Verified Buyer Reviewed by boo'smom from rico, colorado on Wednesday, October 26, 2011solid, warm and cute. would definitely buy these again!
Verified Buyer Reviewed by bigushka from Belarus on Wednesday, October 12, 2011This mittens is warm, but very thick.