John Varvatos Star USA Wool-Cashmere Suit - 3-Piece (For Men)
About John Varvatos Star USA Wool-Cashmere Suit - 3-Piece (For Men)
Closeouts. This is urban sophistication in its purest form. John Varvatos Star USA's three-piece suit is a gloriously draping wool spun with just enough cashmere to make the experience of luxury palpable. Narrow lapels accentuate the masculine cut that broadens shoulders and slims the waist.
- John Varvatos Star USA is a brand that marries old world craftsmanship and superb tailoring with modern textiles and the designer's passion for anything rock ‘n roll
- Named GQ Designer of the Year in 2007
- Notched lapels
- Two-button front
- Side vents
- Length: Short 30", Regular 31", Long 33" (based on size 42)
- Fully lined
- Length: Short 22", Regular 23", Long 25"
- Fully lined
- Flat front
- Inseam: Unhemmed 37"
- Lined in front to the knee
- 90% wool, 10% cashmere
- Dry clean
- Made in Canada
- Suit has a 6" size drop from the jacket to the waist of the pants
- Visit our Men's Dress Wardrobe Guide
Do you own this product? Write a review and help others with their buying decisions!Write a review
Most Helpful 5-Star Review
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Greenacres from Lexington, KY on Friday, February 8, 2013Very poor piece goods. It does not matter how cheaply you buy something, what matters is how it displays. If it looks cheap, it does not matter how little you paid for it.
The material was very light weight. Probably better if it were a tropical wool for more temperate climate.
The color was excellent with a low/no sheen.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by ruth from china ningbo on Wednesday, June 6, 2012the suit is nice & comfortable.unfortunately i order 42r suits but STP has sended 44r pant to me!
- Best Uses: Office Meetings
- Describe Yourself: Comfort-oriented
- Pros: Good Fit
- Was this a gift?: No
Reviewed by Foodie from Seattle, Wa on Saturday, February 11, 2012I ordered a 40 regular. The jacket fit like a 40 in the shoulders, and a 41 in the chest, and a 42 in the waist. I was expecting a modern trim fit. The description says 6" drop from jacket to pants. I received size 33 pants which is a 7 inch nominal drop. This was particularly strange as the waist on the coat fit like 2 sizes too big and the waist in the pants was a size too small.
- Best Uses: Dressing Up, Office Meetings
- Chest Size: Feels too big
- Cons: Poor Fit
- Describe Yourself: Comfort-oriented, High-end shopper, Stylish, Trendy
- Pros: Attractive Design, Great Color
- Sleeve Length: Feels true to length
- Was this a gift?: No
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Gerry G from Chicago on Monday, February 6, 2012Nicely constructed 3-piece suit that fits in perfectly with formal business dress code. Great value for a cashmere/wool suit that has nice texture and an American athletic fit - unlike the modern European fit that does not provide any room in the waist/mid-section. Can wear it with the vest for a more classic, formal look; or go without the vest for everyday business wear. Brings to mind Elliott Ness and fashion from that era. You may want to get a fedora and nice topcoat to complement this suit.
- Best Uses: CHURCH, Court, Formal business wear
- Cons: Alteration needed
- Pros: Classic, formal wear, Good Value, Modern fit, Stylish, Versatile
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Rob the lawyer from austin, tx on Sunday, January 1, 2012Very "mad men"
- Best Uses: Businrss
- Cons: none
- Pros: Classic lines, Flattering Fit, Nice Material
Answer The pants are really 33" in the waist and I do believe they can be taken out in the waist. Have a great day.
Answer I apologize for the inconvenience you should have received the 36 waist with your 42 long jacket. Please contact our 1-800-713-4534 customer service number and they will take care of you right away.
Answer I usually wear a 44 jacket that comes with a 36 or 38 waist. This 44 suit came with a 35-36 waist, so they are running slightly smaller for probably a more "athletic fit"