Closeouts. Ideal for adventures far from the maddening crowds, Kelty's Rally 45 backpack features the Agile suspension system, molded lumbar and scapula pads and Air Mesh shoulder straps. The adventures it inspires comes free.
Reviewed by Lynskeyiii from Pennsylvania on Sunday, September 14, 2014
I'm not thrilled with this pack. The sleeping bag compartment is really small. My down bag barely fits, but I don't think a synthetic would. The front panel is useless with a fully stuffed pack, seems like it should have also been cut bigger. The biggest downside for me though is the sternum straps, they slide right up to my neck every few minutes on the trail, they are very loose. The suspension is great and the materials are ok, I just wish I went with a different bag.
Reviewed by Vermicious Knid from Near Damascus on Tuesday, May 20, 2014
Overall I'm very happy with this purchase.
1. The pack itself is beautiful in the wine red color.
2. It also sits very comfortable on the back. As a large guy, (6'1 250lbs) I was a little surprised it fits me, but it just barely does. The waist straps are just right but the sternum strap sits a little high. Although i may be able to adjust to be a little more comfy.
3. It seems to fit enough for a 2-3 day trek but just barely.
4. The agile suspension is awesome!
1. The pack is a little heavy.
2. Space is tight and requires a bit of thinking when packing.
3. Release straps are quite stiff and will require some breaking in.
For an entry level pack I wasn't expecting to find something perfect, but this pack will do just fine for me. I haven't taken it out yet, but it seems to be a solid and well performing piece of equipment.
Reviewed by Matt V from Sacramento on Friday, May 16, 2014
Great bag; received it today for a 4 night trip to the desert; the ventilation system is why I know I will love it. The lower lumbar support is ideal. FYI the sleeping bag divider must be open to get your bag in the sleeping bag compartment; I have stuffed and re-stuffed my sleeping bag and compressed it as much as possible however it will not get in the compartment with out that divider undone (it's not that big of a deal still keeps the bag at the lowest part of the bag well. (I have a long sleeping bag because I am 6'4 - regular ones might be a different story)
Now all that being said; I am not packing a tent; only a pad and a sleeping bag; if you need a tent; even if it is just a bivy you need a bigger bag and this will not work!
Kelty packs have never let me down before - the ventilation system on this bag and the aluminum frame keep it light and cool; and for a great price.