Customer Reviews Of:
Light My Fire Meal Kit
Closeouts. Featuring a minimalist design that covers all of the outdoor dining bases, Light My Fire's Deluxe meal kit includes six dining and cooking essentials that can be packed away and carried on the outside of your pack -- saving precious cargo space for bulkier gear.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by NC HIKER from North Carolina on Thursday, May 29, 2014We purchased a few of these for my boys moving into boy scouts from webelos. Nice design and very functional.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by MotownBob from Ada, OK on Tuesday, April 15, 2014My grandson was already camping when this meal kit arrived. I showed it to him. He looked at the kit he had taken with him. His grandmother asked which one he wanted to keep. His reply: "Duh!" and he grabbed this one. The spork has a sharpened edge on one tine for cutting, everything nests in one package, and the strainer is just right for draining liquid. We're very pleased with this acquisition.
Reviewed by AT Trail Magic from Maine on Wednesday, April 2, 2014Inclusive, compact, durable.
Reviewed by SMNP Hike from TN on Monday, March 31, 2014Functional, pretty light, but sturdy. We used them to brew tea and eat our meal while hiking in the SMNP.
Reviewed by Burrita from Davis, CA on Saturday, March 22, 2014I bought two, one was in perfect condition, the other one had several blemishes, i.e. rough spots on every piece of the kit, probably from where the plastic was poured into the molds. I still kept it because the price was so low and it will still do it's job but because of this I can't praise the Swedish quality very much.
Aside from that I like the kit and would give it 4 stars. It is easy to clean, looks and feels good and it is nice how the two large pieces fit together so that you don't have a mess in your pack if you can't clean the plates right away. But there are several downsides:
- I'd rather have a regular sized cup so that I can better warm my hands on the cup when it is cold and I have a warm beverage.
- I have no use for the really small box (spice container) that is part of the kit. I don't even take it camping.
- I'd rather have a fork and a knife individually so I can use them together
- the "knife" feature on the spork bothers me, i am afraid to cut my lips with it.
- I can see that many meals would be easier to eat with a larger plate. This is however great for soups, pasta dishes or hot cereal which are common camping foods.
- a harness is available separately for this kit to hold all pieces together and to make it easier to attach the kit to the outside of your pack. I wish the harness was part of the kit because purchased separately it is just too expensive. The items fit together but don't stay tightly attached. If your backpack is full that is not a problem because they can't fall apart. But otherwise it would be good to have something holding them together. Having the option of attaching it to the outside of your pack would also be helpful because the kit takes up a fair amount of space.
Reviewed by Camp It from Camp it on Tuesday, February 18, 2014Very good complete Kit and it Tuff!
Reviewed by Mm2124 from Wspfld mA on Thursday, January 16, 2014Easily packable in your pack and perfect size
Reviewed by no nickname from midwest on Tuesday, December 31, 2013quality material - seems durable
Reviewed by Chuck from Western WA on Thursday, December 19, 2013I really like Light My Fire products and this is another reason why. They hold up great even in boiling water and freezing cold conditions. This combo has all you need and more. I can take less than half the gear in this kit for ultralight camping or the whole thing when my son and wife are along and I only throw in two more Light My Fire sporks. A great deal for a quality product, you can't complain about in the woods. Thanks STP!
Reviewed by coloradopack from coloradopack on Friday, December 13, 2013We have these for ourselves and purchased this for my son. We like the size and convenience of this product. Easy to clean