Sierra Trading Post has developed a guideline for weather related absences. This guideline applies to all employees as it relates to individual responsibilities during Wyoming weather conditions.
- We rely on our employees to report to work when there is inclement weather.
- All employees are required to make their own assessment of weather conditions and the risks associated with travel to and from the workplace.
- Employees are expected to be at work when there are general weather or road advisories.
- Absences will be recorded and administered as part of our regular attendance policy.
- Tardiness due to weather related occurrences may be withheld, providing the employee has made every effort to be to work on time.
- Employees unable to make it to work due to road closures and “unnecessary travel” advisories will be excused for weather.
Road closures with be verified through the Wyoming and Colorado Department of Transportation information sites. Severe weather advisories will be monitored through the National Weather Service (www.nws.noaa.gov) and other weather related sites.
Ultimately, the travel decision must be made by the individual employee. The purpose of this guideline is to provide consistent administration decisions as they relate to weather related absences.
Updated 2013-04-08 3:41pm MDT
For the fastest service when contacting us, use your Customer Reference #