Facts about Sierra Trading Post
Facts about Sierra Trading Post
History & Brand
- Founded in 1986 in Sparks, Nev.
- Headquartered in Cheyenne, Wyo. since 1992
- Acquired December 2012 by TJX Companies, the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide
- Tagline: We Are All Explorers.
- Value proposition: Discover the brands. Discover the savings. Discover a bigger life.
- Sells Closeouts, Overstocks and 2nds
- Sells outdoor gear, sporting goods, footwear, apparel home décor, and active, casual and dress clothing
- Supports active lifestyles with product for camping, hiking, cycling, fishing, water sports, climbing, hunting, running, fitness and more for the everyday explorer
- Partners with more than 3,000 brands; nearly 1,000 of those are highly-respected outdoor brands
- Sierra Trading Post facilities total more than 500,000 sq.ft. with 40 acres set aside for future expansion and an expansion of the current Fulfillment Center under way
- Top Internet Retailer
- Mails 8 million full-color catalogs each year featuring hundreds of products
- Eight retail locations: Meridian, Idaho; Reno, Nev.; Cheyenne, Wyo.; Cody, Wyo.; Colorado Springs, Colo.; South Denver, Colo.; and Fort Collins, Colo.; and Burlington, Vt.
- Customer call centers in Cheyenne and Cody, Wyo.
- Fourth generation of SierraTradingPost.com includes customizable search, enhanced image zoom, straightforward drop-down menus and quick view
- Robust email program, including MyUpdates product alerts and DealFlyer special offers
- Mobile shopping apps for both Apple and Android feature
- 24/7 social marketing and customer service presence on Facebook, Twitter and Google+ and Pinterest with additional original content on Sierra Social Hub, YouTube and Instagram
- Highest level of customer satisfaction – more than 720,000 Bizrate.com reviews with an overall satisfaction score of 8.9 out of 10 and an average net loyalty score of 80.5% in 2013.
- Net Promoter Score of +66.2 for customer satisfaction in 2013. The industry average for online retailers is 47%, and the industry leader scored 70%. NPS is based on a combination of all major in-house survey methods of new and existing customers who responded to more than 86,000 surveys.
- Vast majority of customers’ returns are processed and credited within 24 hours.
- Handles all customer service requests via two Wyoming-based call centers, where 150 customer service agents handle nearly 100,000 emails, phone calls, chats and social media contacts monthly for a total of 1.16 million emails, calls and chats in 2013.
- With expedient email service, customers see a response in less than an hour and experience immediate response via Live Chat and on Facebook and Twitter. With the exception of some holidays, email and chat are available to customers 24 hours a day and seven days a week.
- In a sample of more than 85,000 phone calls, an internal analysis showed it took an average of just 15 seconds to connect a customer with a real person in our customer service department.
- Serves customers in 93 countries across the globe
- Fulfills 9,000+ orders daily
- Fulfills 99.8% of all orders correctly
- Ships 98% of all orders within one business day of the purchase, with 100% of all air orders shipping the same day
- Shipped more than 2.75 million orders (11.3 million pieces of merchandise) in 2013
- Committed to recycling and reusing
fulfillment tour video
- Employs 860+ employees
- Hires an additional 200 employees during peak season
- 40% of employees with five years of service or more; 6% with more than 15 years of experience at Sierra Trading Post.
About Sierra Trading Post
Headquartered in Cheyenne, Wyo., Sierra Trading Post is a leading off-price Internet retailer. Our buyers "Love the Deals and Live the Adventure." Sierra Trading Post has offered customers savings of up to 70% since 1986 on outdoor gear, shoes, clothing, accessories and home furnishings. Sierra Trading Post has store locations in Burlington, Vt.; Fort Collins, Colo.; Greenwood Village, Colo.; Meridian, Idaho; Reno, Nevada; Cheyenne and Cody, Wyo., as well as a Technology Campus in Fort Collins. Sierra Trading Post is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide.