Mountain Boy Sledworks Slalom Sled - 52"
About Mountain Boy Sledworks Slalom Sled - 52"
Closeouts. Mountain Boy Sledworks' Slalom sled is a force to be reckoned with thanks to full-pivot steering for maneuverability, a wide stance for stability and flotation, and specialized runners that cut through hardpack for a fun, fast ride.
- Meets all ASTM, USC and CE child safety criteria
- Seats two adults or three children
- Beechwood surface is protected by four coats of marine-grade finish
- Wide stance makes offers stability and flotation in powder
- Specialized composite runners for top speed and control on hardpack
- The curved handle keeps your hands above the snow and provides superior steering
- Front section pivots and is made with 5/8" thick marine-grade, waterproof molded plywood
- Stainless steel hardware
- Includes Phillips screwdriver and Allen wrench
- Dimensions (LxWxD): 52x18x5"
- Capacity: 300 lbs.
- Weight: 12 lbs.
- Material: Beechwood plywood, stainless steel hardware, composite sled runners
- Made in USA
Specs about Mountain Boy Sledworks Slalom Sled - 52"
Do you own this product? Write a review and help others with their buying decisions!Write a review
Most Helpful 5-Star Review
Reviewed by JCKS from Kansas on Friday, February 22, 2013I purchased this sled as a gift for my 56-yr old husband, who is the biggest kid and LOVES to sled. We had to wait until Winter Storm Q to try it out, and it was worth the wait. This is a sleek looking, slick sled that maneuvers well in packed down snow. Because it is wooden (and therefore heavier than plastic) its goes much faster, and often where other sleds cannot go. Two can easily ride it--and it's a blast! Other sledders viewed it with envy.
Reviewed by Yooper Diaspora from Boston, MA on Saturday, November 17, 2012Despite the product information saying it was made in the USA, this sled is actually made in China.
Reviewed by Buddhaauthor from Los Angeles on Tuesday, June 26, 2012Other sledders, even kids, will be envying the really beautiful wood and curves of this sled. You might have to share. As for the experience, it's reasonably fast; not crazy fast. What it has, though, is steering. You can ride lying on your belly and steering with your hands on the steering rod, or sitting up and steering with the rope attached to the rod. Either way, you can really turn this thing, adding a whole new dimension of fun to sledding. My seven year old daughter just loved it. She could steer it right off.
Only downside: it's big and heavy. You'll probably have to fit it in your car and you'll definitely have to lug it up the hill, but it's worth it, especially at STP prices. We bought two.
- Cons: Heavy
- Describe Yourself: Intermediate
- Pros: Retro
Verified Buyer Reviewed by gav from Victoria, Australia on Wednesday, July 13, 2011bought this sled for my daughter, i recieved it and was missing one screw, looks like a great sled, I havent used it yet as need the other screw, The sled looks like good craftmenship, looking forward to using it once recieve the missing screw
- Best Uses: Sleding at snow
- Cons: Heavy, Missing screw with order
- Describe Yourself: Intermediate
- Pros: Stylish
- Was this a gift?: Yes
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Eviltwin from NYS on Tuesday, June 28, 2011Will use at as a decoration and try it out next winter.
- Pros: Durable, Easy to assemble, Well made beautiful wood
- Was this a gift?: No
Question & Answer
“Why is this sled advertised as "made in USA" if it was made in China?|How valid is the review making this claim? Was it made in China and only assembled in USA, or was there a typo, or was the review inaccurate? thanks... KPG”
“Looking for a 'couples gift' for my 21yo daughter and her fiancee - is this sled capable of riding double for two young adults?”
The Mountain Boy Sledworks Slalom Sled seats two adults or three children.