About Omega Pacific Doval Carabiner - Wire Gate
Closeouts. The Omega Pacific Doval wire gate carabiner shaves weight and features a robust, versatile D-shape.
- Excellent gate clearance with a large rope-bearing surface
- Less weight without compromising strength
- Good for a variety of climbing applications
- Carabiner strength:
- Closed gate: 25kN
- Open gate: 7kN
- Minor axis: 7kN
- Gate opening: 25mm
- Dimensions: 3-½x2x½"
- Weight: 1.4 oz.
- Material: Aluminum
- Made in USA
- Climbing and other related activities are inherently dangerous; anyone purchasing or using equipment for this purpose is personally responsible for getting proper instruction on its correct and safe use.
Specs about Omega Pacific Doval Carabiner - Wire Gate
- Material: aluminum
- Weight: 1.4 oz.
- Dimensions: 3-½x2x½" HxWxD; •Gate opening: 25mm; •Strength rating: •Major axis: 25kN; •Minor axis: 7kN; •Open gate: 7kN
- Made in United States of America
- Visit our Climbing Gear Guide
- Climbing activities are inherently dangerous; we recommend getting proper instruction on its correct and safe use. For any refund, climbing gear must be returned in its original packaging/coil, have original hangtags and plastic wrapper
Do you own this product? Write a review and help others with their buying decisions!Write a review
4.516129 5 Overall Rating: 4.5 Based on 31 reviews
Most Helpful 5-Star Review
Verified Buyer Reviewed by BlackBadger Group (DCP) from SW Colorado: high desert and mountains on Thursday, July 2, 2015
Like most modern, minimalist, wire-gate carabiners, these Dovals are noticeably lighter than the classic "clunkers". I bought them, (at a great deal) with the idea of using them as all around climbing and accessory 'biners. They're anodized in an attractive red color---as pictured--so they'll be use... Read More
Verified Buyer Reviewed by DWH from Pennsylvania on Thursday, August 25, 2016Seems to be well made
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Ryan from Draper, Utah on Wednesday, March 30, 2016These Doval wire gate 'biners are remarkably unremarkable. Small, simple, and light enough for all but the most weight-conscious, there is no reason not to have several of these on your rack, harness, or even as utility 'biners on your backpack. Lots of opening room, easy to handle. There are certainly other options that are a little bit lighter, a little bit bigger, or have a little more ideal gate opening angle, but definitely not for the price. I'm slowly replacing all my "junk" non-climbing utility 'biners with these, as the added durability and strength of these is well worth it.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Troutman from PacificNW on Tuesday, January 12, 2016Solid and dependable. I don't climb but use a few caribiners with my camping/rafting gear. Way better than the cheap non-climbing caribiners that eventually seem to foul-up. A little bigger, a little heavier, a little more expensive but worth it.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Hopeless Hiker from San Diego, CA on Tuesday, December 29, 2015I have not had the chance to test these, but they are very solid. They look good and the wire gate appears of quality. My main use was to try them out for hammocks and carry on hiking packs.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Frogman from ohio on Monday, December 21, 2015Know what you're getting and you will be very pleased