Reviewed by Nic from Australia on Thursday, April 25, 2013
Well thought-out and comfortable pack with lots of great features, many specific to climbing:
- Main compartment lays out wide open when unzipped for easy access to gear or to use as a rope bag (pack has colour coded tape loops for rope inside).
- Comes with rope tarp which is not fixed to the pack, but it has loops at each corner to secure it, and also has two colour coded tape loops to tie the rope to. Printed climbing safety tips/graphics on the tarp are a nice touch.
- Rope leash to carry rope between the main compartment and lid.
- Internal mesh pocket for shoes etc.
- Water resistant pocket for electronics, wallet etc.
- Zip pocket and gear loop on waist belt are handy and a nice touch.
- Access to main compartment can be via zip or top drawstring opening.
- Two way zip means you can get into the bottom of the main compartment easily and open it most of the way without unclipping the lid and loosening the drawstring.
Nice retro look with the colour scheme. Only downsides are it seems a little small for a 35 litre pack, and some of the tape protruding from the waist belt adjustment buckles has lots more slack than is really required for adjustment (but they are rolled up with a velcro tie so they're not in the way). Also it's currently sold out on STP, but I wouldn't hesitate to get any of the other Ortovox packs if they suit your needs.