Pearl Izumi P.R.O. Soft Shell Cycling Bib Tights (For Men)
About Pearl Izumi P.R.O. Soft Shell Cycling Bib Tights (For Men)
Closeouts. Pearl Izumi's premier pants for riding in inclement conditions, P.R.O. cycling pants feature soft shell construction with Minerale panels for wind and water protection, durability and moisture transfer.
Specs about Pearl Izumi P.R.O. Soft Shell Cycling Bib Tights (For Men)
- Inseam: 28" (based on size large)
- Fabric: 69% nylon, 31% spandex
- Weight: 1 lb.
- Made in China (fabric imported)
- Visit our Cycling Gear Guide
Pearl Izumi Mens Size Chart
|Chest||32 - 35||35 - 37.5||37.5 - 40.5||40.5 - 43.5||43.5 - 46.5||46.5 - 49|
|Waist||27 - 29||29 - 31.5||31.5 - 34.5||34.5 - 37.5||37.5 - 41.5||41.5 - 45|
|Hip||32 - 35||35 - 37.5||37.5 - 40.5||40.5 - 43.5||43.5 - 46.5||46.5 - 49|
Note: Measurements are in inches.
Do you own this product? Write a review and help others with their buying decisions!
Most Helpful 5-Star Review
Verified Buyer Reviewed by SaddleStraddler from California on Monday, November 24, 2014This is by far the worse cycling item I have ever purchased and for sure the worse Pearl Izumi item I have ever owned. I rarely have full regrets of any product I have purchased but this one pushed me over the edge. Here are my findings:
1. It is supposed to be a soft shell that keeps you warm. Now keep in mind that with soft shells this typically means there is no Chamois® so you are expected to wear this over your favorite base layers or otherwise. I am 6 ft tall 200 lbs and I purchased a large. It was huge even over Pear Izumi shorts that had a Chamois® and the straps simply did not pull it tight even at the lowest setting.
2. I went on a 6 AM ride down here in sunny Southern California wearing this over Pearl Izumi sorts. It did a great job keeping me warm until about 7 AM when the sun started warming things up. This thing did not move moisture away from my body fast. I was drenched with my own sweat for the entirety of the ride. I came home around 9:45 soaking wet and prime for a cold.
One possibility is that this article is really designed for much colder weather and not for places like sunny southern California. So one possibility is that I purchased the wrong gear for the wrong place but I expected 55-68 F to be "cold enough" for this thing to perform its function.
Reviewed by Dave from NH on Saturday, September 27, 2014The overall fit is great. The knees are not form fitting like others have mentioned. I'm 5'10 175lbs and the large fit well everywhere but the knees. I'm thinking of dying my white bibs black to counter grease and grime to come.
Reviewed by mtt from ingeo on Sunday, December 29, 2013Received as gift (requested). These have a sound to them in case you thought they were merely supple. This is different from the elite infinity jacket i got here on stp. That is a lower tier product that is not as warm as this despite having a hood. Still layering is nice with the season and the thinner nature of these. i can wear an pair of winter pants over these ok. There is a pouch in the stomach area for bathroom breaks / relaxed fit. Grime resistance is ok but am looking into gaiters as a substitute for the winter pants. The ankle cuff is a foolproof design that is ergo. Shoulder straps have a quality feel and are adjustable. These are some features that are not found in my other bibs. Also warm feeling as the wind doesn't get through and the Minerale panels regulate heat nicely.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Ga rider from Atlanta GA on Wednesday, November 23, 2011very nice tights with correct fit and great for southern winter rides. Too much above 55, but no complaints so far riding in 35 degrees.
- Best Uses: Cycling below 55 degrees
- Cons: No padding
- Pros: Fits correctly, Warm, Windproof
Verified Buyer Reviewed by ilpulcino from Macon, GA on Tuesday, November 22, 2011I'm 5'10" / 155 - 160. The large fit me through the torso, but very baggy at the knees. That does sort itself out somewhat I'm sure on the bike with knees bent. I'm not sure if being taller or having thicker legs would cure the problem. I ordered the pants, not the bibs, from another site and the large was still the right size, but a little narrower through the legs. Hope this helps. There is no padding, as these go over your normal shorts or bibs.
- Best Uses: 40 degrees and lower, Cold weather
- Cons: Oddly made, Too baggy around knees
- Pros: Well Made
Question & Answer
Questions about this product? Get answers from community and staff experts.
It does not come with a chamois.
This style of the P.R.O. Softshell Bib Tight (Style no. 111110270) does not have a chamois. The Style no. 11111026 is the style with the P.R.O. Seamless 4D ChamoisÂ®.