About STH L-3 Turbine/Disc Freshwater Fly Fishing Reel - 7, 8, 9wt
Closeouts. STH's L-3 Turbine/Disc Freshwater fly fishing reel incorporates Turbine Drag System technology -- intertia-free startup, automatic drag change as your catch changes speed, and no overrun.
- Simple change between right- and left-hand retrieve
- Diameter: 3-¾"
- Outside width: 1-¼"
- Inside width: ¾"
- Capacity: 7wt 8wt 9wt
- Weight: 6.6 oz.
- 6061-T6 bar stock aluminum with brass/rulon drag disk
- Made in Argentina.
- Visit our Fly Fishing Guide
Do you own this product? Write a review and help others with their buying decisions!Write a review
Most Helpful 5-Star Review
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Lou from Mishawaka, IN on Monday, July 19, 2010Put this on a 10' 8 weight rod and caught some large smallies and carp on the flats in northern Lake Michigan. The drag is smooth and the engineering is excellent. Mine came set up as a right hand retrieve, but it was very simple to turn around. I wholeheartedly recommend
- Best Uses: Fly Fishing
- Describe Yourself: Casual/ Recreational
- Pros: Durable, Reliable, Smooth Drag System
Verified Buyer Reviewed by BrownHunter from Billings, Mt on Sunday, July 4, 2010The reel is a good solid build. It is not the best drag system that I have used but more than adequate for river fishing for large fish. I'm not sure it would hold up for Saltwater fishing and big runs on Bones and snook, but it is a stable reel that is well built.
- Best Uses: Fly Fishing, River Fishing
- Describe Yourself: Avid Fisher
- Pros: Durable, Line Doesn't Tangle, Smooth Drag System, Smooth Reeling
Answer No this does not utilize the cartridge feature you have described. It does not include a spare spool.