Customer Reviews Of:
Two Star Dog Gretchen Jacket - Boiled Wool (For Women)
Average Rating based on 9 reviews 3.555555 0 5
Reviewed by Tara J from Seward AK on Saturday, March 31, 2012Some people said this was thinner than expected, but to me it was normal for boiled wool. It's not heavy, but it is warm. I'm a very busty size 14/16, and the Large fit perfectly and was flattering. Unique cut.
- Best Uses: Business meetings
- Fit: Feels true to size
- Pros: Comfortable, Lightweight, Stylish, Warm
- Sleeve Length: Feels true to length
- Was this a gift?: No
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Happy in Helena from Helena, MT on Friday, February 10, 2012I watched this jacket at a local store for a couple of months waiting for it to go on sale. Then I found it here for about a third of the price. I really like the color -- I got the orange one. It runs a little big so buy it one size smaller than you usually wear and it will fit great.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Sunshine from Central VA on Thursday, February 9, 2012This jacket is pretty thin, so do not purchase for use in cold temperatures.
The styling is nice, but it takes a bit of work to get it to "hang" right each time you put it on.
- Best Uses: Mid 40s-50s
- Cons: Needs work to wear
- Pros: Nice styling
Verified Buyer Reviewed by angiefresh from Madison, WI on Friday, February 3, 2012Looked nice in the picture. Not that great in person. I usually wear a small and this item was pretty big and frumpy looking. The fabric was not what I expected. I have a TSD wool jacket and the fabric is more substantial and not as rough. Not sure if they have changed production standards, but I expected better for the price. Returned.
- Cons: Itchy thin fabric, Runs large, Shapeless
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Jamsandjelly from Naples, FL on Wednesday, February 1, 2012I am going to Italy and I needed an all round jacket, be it city or country. My daughter, who always purchases your clothing, found this jacket for me. The color was perfect, the styling was excellent, the weight was what I was looking for.
I have already worn the jacket in southwest Florida and with a silk scarf, I was very comfortable in the early morn. I even had a friend in church ask me where I bought it and what your website was.
Itchy, yes, but with a silk scarf or a long sleeved blouse or polo shirt, you can control the itchy feeling.
I'm very happy with the jacket and know it will be well worn.
- Best Uses: Casual or going out
- Cons: Itchy for my skin
- Pros: unusual styling
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Lexington Mama from Lexington, MA on Tuesday, January 31, 2012This is lovely. My only complaint is that the sleeves were long enough to fold up on the model, but not that long on me.
- Best Uses: Use like a sweater
- Cons: Sleeves could be longer
- Pros: Beautilful color, Comfortable, Lightweight, Practical, Stylish
Reviewed by Auriel from Colorado on Friday, January 20, 2012Two things you need to know about this jacket:
1) It's not boiled wool, as the description states. Instead, it is a lightweight, unlined, slightly-stretchy, wool bouclé knit. This means that the buttonholes are going to stretch - which will make the jacket unbuttonable eventually. However, though lightweight, the jacket is still rather warm.
2) The fit is much boxier than the photo indicates. On me, it fits like a swing jacket - quite roomy.
I'm going to keep this jacket anyway, because the boiled wool would have been awfully hot; the lightweight wool is more versatile. I love the asymmetrical neckline, and I think this jacket will be perfect for travel. I just don't expect this jacket to withstand everyday use.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Gina from St. Pete, FL on Tuesday, January 10, 2012Love the Two Star Dog products usually, so this was a disappointment. The XS was too big (I'm normally a 2 or 4), but more importantly, the line of the collar was cut crookedly. It's a casual wool style, with cut and overstitched edge, but it has a noticeable wobble in the line of the shawl collar. I returned it.
- Best Uses: Casual going out, Work
- Cons: Crooked collar line
- Pros: Cute style, Nice Weight
Verified Buyer Reviewed by twinkle from salem, oregon on Friday, December 9, 2011wear with jeans as a light weight jacket. I love the style
- Best Uses: Good with jeans, Spring or fall jacket
- Cons: Fabric could be heavier
- Pros: Love the style and color