Vaude Astra Light 50 Backpack - Internal Frame
About Vaude Astra Light 50 Backpack - Internal Frame
Closeouts. Vaude's Astra Light 50 backpack lets you walk into the wilderness in comfort, thanks to a streamlined design and an easily adjustable Tergolight suspension that distributes weight onto the hips.
Specs about Vaude Astra Light 50 Backpack - Internal Frame
- Adjustable torso: Yes
- Pack material: 400 denier polyurethane-coated nylon, contrast 200 denier mini ripstop polyurethane-coated nylon
- Frame type: Internal
- Frame material: Aluminum
- Hydration compatible: Yes
- Pack loading: Top with side zipper access
- Ice tool/trekking pole loops: Yes
- Recommended use: Backpacking Day or Overnight,Backpacking Multiday,Backpacking Weekend
- Dimensions: 20x11x7"
- Pack capacity: 3050 cu.in.
- Volume liters: 50
- Weight: 3 lb. 12 oz.
- Fits torsos: 20 to 22-1/2"
- Made in China
- Visit our Backpack Guide
Do you own this product? Write a review and help others with their buying decisions!
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Ike from NYC on Wednesday, February 1, 2012I now have used several Vaude backpacks and am absolutely thrilled their quality. This pack is light, comfortable, and well designed. I do wish it had the hip adjustments that the Terkum pack does (probably cut to save weight). Otherwise, it is everything I need for short overnight backpacking and carry-on air-travel!
Great color too!
- Best Uses: Backpacking, Short trips, Touring
- Cons: No rain cover, No travel bag
- Pros: Comfortable, Easy access, Light, Well Designed
Verified Buyer Reviewed by TheDanGuy from Orange County, CA on Monday, January 30, 2012It feels just right on my back. It is very easy to adjust on the go for the height positioning and shoulder strap. The pad that wraps around my hip is so heavily padded and is extra wide, it feels effortless to carry all the weight just on my hip around. The top zipper opens down to the side, making it so easy for access to the main compartment. The other organizers making it so functional and useful for an ultra-light back pack. The high quality and thoughtful desisgn is evident everywhere. I never thought I would enjoy carry a backpack this size but I really do with this one.
- Cons: No rain cover
- Pros: Heavy-duty zippers, Light, Lots of compartments, Quality construction, Soft and thick hip pad
Verified Buyer Reviewed by The boot from SoCal on Thursday, January 26, 2012I bought this pack mainly to haul my climbing gear from home to gym to whatever outdoor spot I want, and also have enough room for other extras. I also wanted the pack to easily do many other things such as multi-day hiking/camping trips and general traveling. This pack does the trick perfectly. Because of the unique zip opening for the main compartment, everything is so easily accessible its almost like a duffel. The bottom compartment (removable divider) is perfect for stuff you want to keep separate and will easily fit a sleeping bag. Another feature they don't mention on STP is that the hipbelt is removable: great if you're just using the pack for shorter hauls and don't want the belt flapping around. Material is very durable, good heavy duty zippers. Compression straps in right places. Very comfortable and customized fit due to Vaude's adjustable system. And finally, the red color is perfect. Great quality German engineering. I love this pack and look forward to many years of multi-purpose use.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Echo Trail from St. John's, Newfoundland on Thursday, December 29, 2011This 50L bag is the perfect size for a weekend treck and to pack up climbing gear for two people. There are no draw strings and everything is easily accessible due to the seperate compartments within the bag. Plenty of storage-Great buy!
- Best Uses: Camping, Climbing
- Pros: Custom fit, Multiple storage areas, Seperate compartments, Top loading, Versatile
Verified Buyer Reviewed by nicknack from Portland, or on Tuesday, October 18, 2011Buy this.
- Best Uses: Big day hikes, Overnighters, Science monitoring, Tool storage for forestry
- Pros: Good support, Ideal size for day hikes, Ingeneous access system, Nice color
Question & Answer
Questions about this product? Get answers from community and staff experts.