Wenger 30°F Averstal Down Sleeping Bag - 800 Fill Power, Long Mummy
About Wenger 30°F Averstal Down Sleeping Bag - 800 Fill Power, Long Mummy
Closeouts. Wenger's 30°F Averstal sleeping bag is a great choice for mild backcountry nights. 800 fill power goose down insulation is warm and highly compressible, and the contoured hood and full-length draft tube seal out cold air.
Specs about Wenger 30°F Averstal Down Sleeping Bag - 800 Fill Power, Long Mummy
- Insulation material: Goose down
- Insulation fill power: 800
- Shell material: Nylon
- Lining material: Nylon
- Girth (shoulder/hip/foot): 60/58/40"
- Fits to: 6'6"
- Length: 84"
- Stuff size: 15x7-1/2"
- Zipper: Left
- Storage sack: Yes
- Weight: 2 lb. 2 oz.
- Recommended use: Backpacking
- Made in China
- Visit our Sleeping Bag Guide
Do you own this product? Write a review and help others with their buying decisions!Write a review
Most Helpful 5-Star Review
1. Yes, I could see the zipper not staying closed. If you are in full zip mode, however, there is the typical velcro zipper strap that keeps the zipper in place. If you have it partially zipped, then yes it could open up more. The glass is hal... Read More
Reviewed by Big foot from Idaho on Wednesday, August 7, 2013Seems well made. I like the slick zipper and extra baffles.
Reviewed by Sal from WI on Saturday, July 27, 2013Very comfortable bag. It's a little snug in width, but that's to be expected. Compresses very well, but the loft is great. The zippers are very smooth, and while one night I had trouble with the second zipper coming up, it was an easy fix when fully down (kind of snaps into place). Even when I was too warm, I didn't sweat. Great value! I would buy it again.
Reviewed by Bill from Arizona on Sunday, May 26, 2013Have not used this product yet but it came as advertised and was the best price I could find anywhere on the net. Live in southern AZ don't need a 4 season bag and anticipate this will work great in White Mtns or the Chiricahuas.
Reviewed by ChrisMTNMan from Georgia on Monday, April 8, 2013So unlike most reviews, I will start with the cons:
1. Yes, I could see the zipper not staying closed. If you are in full zip mode, however, there is the typical velcro zipper strap that keeps the zipper in place. If you have it partially zipped, then yes it could open up more. The glass is half full part of this, though, is it is really, really easy to zip open and closed. In my experience with sleeping bags, that is huge. I am fairly claustrophobic, and if a bag does do not open when I am in it, I freak out.
2. Yes, it would be so nice to have this as a full zip so you could use it as a blanket when the weather is right for that.
So why five stars when there are these issues, BECAUSE OF THE PRICE!!!! This bag is a great deal at STP's normal 25% discounted price, but you take on their extra percent off sales and this becomes an absolute steal. Just try to find an 800 down bag for anywhere close to what you pay for this
1. This is super light and the stuff size is much, much smaller than what is listed in the Specs section. Those are just exact measurements of the stuff sack LAID FLAT AND NOT COMPRESSED AT ALL.
2. I can't say yet if it can go down to 30 degrees (wearing thermal underwear and using a thermal pad - which all bag ratings expect you to do), but I do know that its fill amount (14.5 oz) is the same as bags 3x what I paid with the same 30 degree rating.
3. Did I mention how good a price this thing is? I really wanted a bag I could squeeze down to nothing and be light weight so I could pack in a smaller backpack with my hammock and this fits the bill. Add in some freeze dried food, etc. and you have some serious fun without killing your back.
Reviewed by hammockBlazn from Savannah, ga on Monday, December 31, 2012I had to write this review after reading others. This bag is a true 30 degree bag. I've had this bag in the 20s with no issues. There is plenty of 800 fill in this bag as well. Zipper issues are not present as the zippers are YKK who makes some of the best zippers out there. I have been blown away by this bag and do not plan on getting rid of it anytime soon. I'll be taking it down to the 20s again this weekend with a possibility of snow.
Please don't read the top two reviews as they are very off based on this bag.
Answer On this bag the zipper is approx. 55" long.
Answer The zipper does not go around the foot box, it cannot be opened flat.
Answer he Wenger 30Â°F Averstal Down Sleeping Bag is filled with 14 oz. of 800 fill power down insulation.