Customer Reviews Of:
White Sierra Cloudburst Trabagon Rain Jacket - Waterproof (For Women)
Closeouts. White Sierra's Cloudburst Trabagon rain jacket offers heavyweight waterproof protection in a featherweight package you can tuck into your pack and hardly know it's there.
Average Rating based on 916 reviews 4.334061 0 5
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Wilsby from Minneapolis on Thursday, May 18, 2017When a snap broke on the jacket, customer service provided a partial refund since the color/size combo was no longer available.
That's why I'll continue to shop Sierra Trading Post!
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Diane, aka the Explorer from Hilo, Hawaii on Wednesday, May 3, 2017I recently moved to the Island of Hawaii. Unfortunately, when the movers came, they packed my two rain jackets before I could grab them for my suitcase. They'll be in storage for 6 months before arriving.
I asked a colleague here where I could buy a raincoat. She said she didn't know; no one wears one here because it's warm rain and usually doesn't last for very long. That's not true on the Hilo side of the island, where the rainfall is around 130-160" a year. After two straight days of rain (albeit warm rain), I decide that I needed a rain jacket. Since I have the two high-end jackets in temporary storage, I didn't want to spend a lot of money.
I narrowed my choice to two rain jackets and settled on this one after reading all of the reviews on both. This jacket meets my needs for the following reasons:
1. It's very lightweight, so I can throw it into my backpack or purse without adding weight or bulk.
2. The seams are tight. It keeps the rain out. Also I used it to protect my car seat when I had to leave the public swimming pool in my wet bathing suit because I had forgotten my change of clothes.
3. It's in the high 70s/low 80s here, but the jacket is still comfortable. I haven't worn it to hike yet; just around town running errands.
4. The low price represents a good value.
5. The zippers work smoothly without snagging.
6. Velcro bands at the wrists allow for adjustment.
7. The good cinches up tightly, perfect to keep my hair dry when it's raining and windy.
8. It's attractive. I bought the Blie Radiance (an aquamarine) in Medium. I'm 5'5" and weigh 135. It fits perfectly (with a little wiggle room) over blouses and T-shirts. It would probably fit well over a light sweater as well. I opened the package at the UPS Store where we get our mail. All 3 of the women who worked there loved the color.
What would I change if I designed the coat?
1. It's packable inside one of the pockets. However, that pocket is mesh and I worry that the mesh might snag on something in my purse and tear. So I keep it in a plastic bag in my purse (for those surprise rain showers). I would make the pocket solid on the inside.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Jan from Alabama on Sunday, April 9, 2017I love this rain jacket! It is lightweight but still deflects the rain and wind well. JB
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Dad in the woods from Arcata, Ca on Monday, March 13, 2017Bought this for my wife. When she tried it on for the first time a button on the lower part broke off without even wearing! Sent back.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Beth from Florida on Wednesday, March 8, 2017Great jacket and great price! I ordered this and it arrived within a week. The quality is nicer than I expected for the price. I'm taking a hiking trip and the jacket folds up into it's own pocket to stash in my backpack.I tested the "waterproof" quality and it is truly waterproof. It has a teflon surface and water beads on the surface and rolls right off. The jacket itself has a fold over for the zipper and adjustments (velcro, drawstrings) so sleeves, hood, jacket bottom, can be sealed up. Its really lightweight and breathes. I didn't feel like i was in a plastic bag when I had it on. Really happy with this jacket!
Verified Buyer Reviewed by trailrunner from Opelika on Wednesday, March 8, 2017I have an old White Sierra Trabagon from 2010.It still looks good but the waterproofing isn't so great after washings. I have tried to re-spray it but that isn't perfect. When I saw this jacket at such an amazing price I had to get it. I love the color and look forward to wearing it in June in California....yeah I know maybe all that rain out there will be gone but I will be hiking the Lost Coast so I am going to be prepared.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Pielady from Chicago on Thursday, February 23, 2017I bought this packable rain jacket for an upcoming Scandinavian cruise. Love the blue/violet color. I normally buy a medium (10-12) but reviews said it ran small, so I got the large. I am 5'2" - 125#. I can wear a heavy sweater under this and be perfectly comfortable.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Diana from Ca on Saturday, February 18, 2017Super light weight and waterproof. I am 5'4 155 lbs, got a large- fits just right.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Dorglet from Florida on Monday, February 6, 2017Well made and a very nice jacket but RUNS SMALL so I had to return it.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Marym from Colorado on Thursday, February 2, 2017This jacket is very lightweight but waterproof. Rolls up easy for travel but look great when on. Love my color!