Zoot Sports Ultra CompressRX Shorts (For Men and Women)
About Zoot Sports Ultra CompressRX Shorts (For Men and Women)
Closeouts. The moisture-wicking, antimicrobial fabric of Zoot Sports' Ultra CompressRX shorts features muscle-specific compression zones and graduated compression to improve blood flow; it provides unmatched support to reduce fatigue and improve performance.
Specs about Zoot Sports Ultra CompressRX Shorts (For Men and Women)
- Short style: Elastic/Drawstring Waist
- Inseam: 10" (based on size 3)
- Fabric: 70% polypropylene, 30% spandex
- Care: Machine wash, hang dry
- Weight: 4.8 oz.
- Made in Canada
- Visit our Fitness Clothing Guide
Zoot Mens Apparel Size Chart
|Chest||36 - 38||38 - 40||40 - 42||42 - 44||44 - 46|
|Waist||30 - 32||32 - 34||34 - 36||36 - 38||38 - 40|
Note: Measurements are in inches.
Do you own this product? Write a review and help others with their buying decisions!
Most Helpful 5-Star Review
Reviewed by Mike from Phoenix, AZ on Friday, May 17, 2013Seeing low reviews on these makes me feel obligated to write a review on these because they are hands down the best compression! I have used 2XU, CW-X, CEP, as well as other compression shorts and they don't even compare to Zoot CompressRX. CEP was okay but they didn't compress the whole region like these do, especially the hip region (no compression I've tried seem to do a good job on the hip) and they fell apart after just a couple of weeks using them.
A little background on me: I'm 30 years old, 5'10, 145-150 lbs (depending on the day), run marathons, do tri's and average 6:50's for my running pace.
I use these because I had hip surgery to repair a torn labrum back in 2011 and it won't ever be the same. If I try running in regular shorts it flares up almost immediately and I can't run and am in pain for months. These babies keep me on the road. The support is awesome, the durability is amazing. I wear one pair ALL THE TIME (because Sierra Trading Post no longer has my size....). I've used them to swim in as well, play basketball (under my shorts), pretty much anytime I am doing heavy activity. They keep super dry and are not restrictive at all. Yes, they are tight (compression people, they compress!) but I don't feel restricted at all with my stride. I haven't dealt with chaffing, but I also use body glide and that keeps me feeling nice and comfy. They don't smell bad at all which can't be said about the other compression shorts and suits I have. I've been using them for about a year now and they have a lot of life left in them. I wear the size II even though I think the package recommends I wear size III, but I need them TIGHT to keep the hip compressed. I also wear the CompressRX Tri-shorts and they are awesome as well.
If you need serious compression then Zoot is your man (or woman). Pay no attention to those people that wrote bad reviews. They don't know what they're talking about! :-)
Reviewed by Happy One from Huntington Beach, CA on Sunday, April 14, 2013Can't really rate this item. I bought them for surfing to wear as jammers, and they are the wrong texture for that use. That being said, very nice quality, but boy, are they restrictive!
Reviewed by Juice Lee from Sacramento on Thursday, March 14, 2013The quality of compression grade was decent, but I got seam rash on one thigh, and behind one knee after a 13 mile run. I have zoot tri shorts which I love, and CEP compression shorts which also rock. A friend tried to save me a few bucks by suggesting this site/product. Lesson learned. You get what you pay for.
Reviewed by Busky from Roseville Ca. on Wednesday, March 13, 20131. I dislike writing reviews however this one is important
2. I am 51 years old and cycle about 700 miles a month puliing several different trailers at times w/ loads varying 50-100 lbs. I started having these painful leg cramps which the pain is so bad i would literlly be screaming. And these would last between 5-10 min. and only in the evening. I did research on line and didi not want to take any meds so i researched these compression items. The reviews for zoots talked about similar problems and that these compression stuff worked, so i ordered the ultra tights recovery which cover waist to your feet. I wore this everyday during my riding and guess what? no cramps i mean no cramps!! the ultra have a graduated compression of 18-30 mmhg. and no i don't know what that stands for however a medical grade garmet is rated at 40. since i did not need the feet compressed i swaped these recovery with the standard ultra tights with the same 18-30 mmhg rating and they work just as well just a little less work to put on and off. also the recovery tights are gray which look like long johns"not for me". so now since the weather is getting warmer i also ordered a pair of ultra shorts 18-30 mmhg.
ps: all ultra's are 18-30. actually since my cramps were in my thighs the shorts work great.
3. I forget to wear on one day a the cramps started to try bother me. not real bad however if i stopped using these compression items all together it would be back to where i started.
4. they also mentioned the odor protection. i am just saying that i wear these everyday and serious they smell brand new yes brand new even after a week.
5. sizing ; i have a 38" waist i am 6-0 230 with very muscular thighs and calves. this size fits perfect. i mean these go on like nylons very tight the waist is perfect.once you get them in place they do not sag in anyway.
6.also the reviews mentioned better endurance and they are right my rides seem a little stronger when wearing these.
7. one last item. i ordered the standard ultra tights and the thermal ultra shorts and to be honest comparing the two seems like the same so if the thermal ultra are on sale save some money. i mean they do not heat up the body any differently than the standard.
8.in conclusion for me i have to use these during my workout instead of after or for recovery and i will be fine. i hope my honest apprasial of these will help someone else.
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Bart from Milford, NH on Thursday, February 21, 2013I am usually a women's small but ordered a 3 which by the numbers on the box should have fit my husband but they were painfully tight for him. We are talking serious compression - not your run of the mill workout short.
Question & Answer
Questions about this product? Get answers from community and staff experts.
If you hover your mouse over or click on the sizes the waist sizes are displayed.|I.E. Sizes Available:1 (Waist 27-29) Sizes Available:3 (Waist 32-35)
If you hover your mouse over or click on the sizes the waist sizes are displayed.|I.E. 4 (Waist 35-39) 5 (Waist 40-44)
If you hover your mouse over or click on the sizes the waist sizes are displayed.|I.E. 1 (Waist 27-29) 3 (Waist 32-35)