The Reviews are right! Great boots!
Verified Buyer Reviewed by Irishteamer from South Central Minnesota on Wednesday, March 3, 2010
After years of hikers in the $100 range with lots of stitching and color combinations, I made the switch to these brutes and am so glad that I did. At 6'10" 265 lbs, I was going through a pair of boots every year. Though I have only had the Alicos for a couple of weeks now - wearing them daily to work - I am confident that they are going to beat the 1-year mark - maybe 5! Some of the qualities: instant great fit out of the box, solid ankle support, easy to lace, good toe support on descents, comfortable above the ankles, a soul that grips like a magnet on steel, clean craftsmanship, and a great smell! It's almost a shame to have to take them off at the end of the day! I agree with some of the other reviewers that there will be a bit of a break-in time (which is temporary)and they are a bit on the heavy side compared to my gussied-up tennis shoes - but I will take those minor discomforts for the other advantages that easily outweigh them. I can't wait to get my full pack on the trail with them. I know they are going to really shine there!
- Best Uses: - not to bed, Cold Weather, Day Hiking, Everyday, Harsh Terrain, Heavy Loads, Light Loads, Long-Distance Hiking, Wet Conditions
- Cons: Heavy, Long Break-in
- Describe Yourself: Avid Adventurer
- Pros: Ankle Support, Bomb-proof, Good Arch Support, Great Traction, Solid, Sturdy/Durable, Warm, Water Resistant
- Sizing: Feels true to size
Most helpful positive reviews
Most helpful negative reviews
Similar items and more information in the following areas: