Buy These Boots!
Verified Buyer Reviewed by bhuey5 from New York on Tuesday, August 16, 2011
I initially purchased these boots both for work and for some future outdoor activity this autumn. These boots are really old school and are designed to out last the life of the user, if properly maintained, I had not purchased this brand before and decide to give them a try, I was sold because of their replaceable Vibram soles, I'll try anything with a double sole or Vibrams. They are really quite stiff and require breaking in, but are now both in my opinion comfortable and very attractive. I'm a big guy (6'2" 240) with long legs, very narrow ankles any EEE feet, so my first pass at STP is usually the boot aisle. I spend most of my time in rough urban terrain in all types of weather, moving heavy items is part of my job, so I need to keep a solid footing. I'm also nominally the boss, this happens quite by accident when you have your own business, so convention dictates a certain level of style which these boots do evoke. Purchase them for the comfort (don't forget your insoles), and durability, and graciously accept the complements.
- Arch Type: Low Arch
- Best Uses: Cold Weather, Day Hiking, Everyday, Harsh Terrain, Heavy Loads, Long-Distance Hiking, Wet Conditions
- Cons: Heavy, Long Break-in
- Describe Yourself: Casual/ Recreational
- Pros: Comfortable, Great Traction, Sturdy/Durable, These are beautiful boots, Warm, Water Resistant
- Sizing: Feels true to size
- Was this a gift?: No
- Width: Feels true to width
Most helpful positive reviews
Most helpful negative reviews
Similar items and more information in the following areas: