- This north flowing river is generally regarded as the longest river in the world.
- The 4,258 mile long river is an "international" river as its water resources are shared by eleven countries.
- The second largest living reptile species in the world lives in these waters and was named after this river.
- The river is the lifeline of the region. Passing through an otherwise dry climate, the majority of local populations live near this river. In fact, some of the world's oldest civilizations were established on the banks of this river.
- The first human powered transit of the length of the river was completed in 2005. Visitors to the area can kayak, raft or fish on the river. There are also many opportunities to take riverboats to visit historical sites.
Do you know which famous river we are talking about? Enter your guess in the comments below. Have you visited this area? Is it on your bucket list?
Try these other recent Mystery Destinations: