Read the clues the make your guess in the comments below.
- Acording to the official website, this ride is the oldest, largest and longest bicycle touring event in the world.
- This is a non-competitive bicycle ride across an entire state. While the route is different each year, the average distance is 472 miles.
- This annual bike ride was started in 1973 when two feature writers for the states largest newspaper decided to make the ride and invited the public to join in. Around 300 people started the original ride but only 114 completed it.
- The week long ride makes overnight stops in 6 different communities on its way from one river (on the west side of the state) to another river (to the east).
- Cyclists from all over the world take part in the ride. In 2007 and 2008 Lance Armstrong organized a LIVESTRONG team of 200 riders who raised over $1,000 each to help fight cancer.
Do you know what bike ride we are talking about? Make your guess in the comments below.
Have you every taken part in this ride?
If you enjoyed this quick little game try this one: Mystery Destination.