When it comes to technologically advanced outdoor gear, it's hard to beat Columbia Sportswear. From backpacks and sleeping bags to boots and comfortable clothing, Columbia has you covered. Keep reading to learn more about this company then enter the giveaway at the bottom of this post.
The parents of Gert Boyle, Columbia's Chairman, fled Nazi Germany in 1938 and purchased a small hat company when they arrived in Portland, OR. They named the company Columbia Hat Company after the nearby Columbia River. Since those humble beginnings, Columbia Sportswear has grown into a world-wide leader in outdoor clothing and gear.
Columbia has lead the industry with many advances in technology. With Omni-Heat, Omni-Shield, Omni-Freeze, Outdry, Insect Blocker and many other advances in fabrics, Columbia is dedicated to keeping you protected from the elements and comfortable in the outdoors.
Hot Columbia Sportswear Products
1. Columbia Sportswear Elite One Technical Daypack - The one and only pack you'll ever need for epic day trips or study sessions, Columbia Sportswear's Elite One technical daypack offers extreme durability, weather-resistance, comfort and tons of organizing features for outdoor and campus gear.
2. Columbia Sportswear 15°F Reactor Omni-Heat® Sleeping Bag - Stay warm with a face gasket and secondary collar to keep crucial head heat in, Thermix MX insulation with offset quilt construction to prevent cold spots and an Omni-Heat® thermal reflective system that retains body heat.
3. Columbia Sportswear Silver Ridge Shirt - UPF 50 - constructed of lightweight, breathable nylon with ventilating back yokes, Omni-Wick® moisture-wicking, quick-drying technology and UPF 50 sun protection.
4. Columbia Sportswear Base Layer Omni-Heat® Top - Zip Neck, Midweight, Long Sleeve (For Women) - Columbia Sportswear's long sleeve midweight base layer top is ideal for cold weather aerobic activities, balancing moisture-wicking Omni-Wick® inserts and Omni-Heat® thermal reflective technology.
5. Columbia Sportswear Talus Ridge Mid OutDry® Hiking Boots - Waterproof (For Women) - When a full-fledged trek to the summit beckons, Columbia Sportswear's Talus Ridge Outdry® Mid hiking boots will take you there. A robust Omni-Grip® rubber outsole ensures every step is secure, and an OutDry® waterproof breathable membrane keeps you going when dark clouds roll in.
Columbia Sportswear Giveaway
Would you like to win a free product from Columbia Sportswear? Simply comment below letting us know where you'd most like to explore this summer.
Would you like to double your odds of winning this Columbia Giveaway? Share this link on Twitter, Google+ or pin it on Pinterest then comment again to let us know where you shared it.
We'll pick one winner to receive the Columbia Sportswear product of their choice from Sierra Trading Post. The winner will be contacted by email and announced on the blog on Thursday 7/25/13. Full contest rules.