- This mystery destination is a 640 acre city park that features hiking and biking trails, recreational opportunities and a famous outdoor concert venue.
- The most noted geologic feature in this park is two large monoliths. Both of the monoliths are taller than Niagara Falls, and this area was once listed as among the Seven Wonders of the World.
- Plans to build a stage and seating for this natural amphitheater were established in 1936. The federally sponsored Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) and the Work Projects Administration (WPA) provided much of the work in building the outdoor amphitheater.
- At an elevation of 6,450 feet, this amphitheater holds nearly 10,000 people and this venue was played by the Beatles, U2 and many many more top performers. This summer you could catch OneRepublic, John Prine, The Avett Brothers or Widespread Panic on this famous stage.
- Many people use the stairs for workouts. You'll often find organized exercise classes happening on most mornings. The natural beauty of the area also lends itself to yoga classes.
Do you know what outdoor destination we are talking about? Enter your guess in the comments below. Have you hiked these trails or seen a concert at this venue? Who did you see?
Way too easy, huh? Try these other recent Mystery Destinations:
Reptiles, Sand and Mountains... Oh My!
A Mountain, Lake and Wreckage
A Backpacker's Dream Trail
National Parks Edition