Go Green Earth Day Quiz
1. According to the EPA, What percent of American's waste was recycled in 2010?
2. True or False. You can compost coffee filters, tea bags and dryer lint.
3. True or False. It is okay to throw batteries in the trash.
4. What percent of home appliance power is used while the appliance is turned off?
5. True or False. About one-sixth of all the electricity generated in the US is used to air condition buildings.
6. According to the EPA, How many gallons of gasoline does the current recycling efforts of Americans save each year?
A. 8.8 billion
B. 11.3 billion
C. 14.7 billion
D. 18.9 billion
7. What percent of greenhouse gases were produced by transportation in 2011?
8. How many million tons of glass did Americans consume in 2010?
9. True or False. It takes 42 gallons of crude oil, but only one gallon of used oil, to produce 2.5 quarts of new motor oil.
10. True or False. Paper makes up about 30% of all waste Americans throw away each year.
You can help make a difference by recycling paper, glass and cardboard in your own home and by buying products make of recycled materials whenever possible. Examine ways you can go green at work too. Check out some of the things Sierra Trading Post has done to help do our part: Think Green.
For some easy ideas on how you can go green, check out or Earth Day Blog Post.
Go Green Answers
1. C, 2. True, 3. False, 4. D, 5. True, 6. B, 7. B, 8. C, 9. True, 10. True.
*All answers came from the EPA Website.