- The trail was built in 1915. An estimated 200 to 250 people a year complete the entire trail with several thousand others doing shorter sections of it. The average time taken to complete the entire trip is 10 to 14 days.
- The trail is located entirely within a national park and the trail travels around a well-known mountain.
- The trail gains over 22,000 feet in elevation and tops out at an elevation of 6,750 feet.
- If you don't feel like hiking the entire 93 mile trail, there are many trailhead access points and camping spots for shorter trips.
- The mountain that this trail encircles is an active volcano and the most glaciated peak in the contiguous United States.
Do you know which trail we are talking about? Have you hiked some or all of it? Let us know in the comments below.
Too easy? Try these other recent mystery destinations:
Mystery National Park
Name this Mountainous National Park
Scenic drive, thru-hike and a Presidential vacation home
Steep and Deep Canyon
Name this Mystery Peak
*Thumbnail photo by Rick McCharles