The Marmot brand was started when two college roommates began making gear in their dorm room. They slept seven nights in a commercial freezer to test their sleeping bag prototypes. Marmot was also one of the first brands to used Gore-Tex in their products. They were also known to test clothing under fire sprinklers. And while their testing methods may have grown more sophisticated, they haven't lost sight of their goal to make the highest quality performance gear that is simple, easy to use, comfortable, durable, and the lightest weight possible.
Sierra Trading Post has enjoyed a long relationship with Marmot. Marmot's President Mark Martin said this, "We have valued the relationship with Sierra Trading Post, and you are our main partner in discontinued merchandise. Your staff is one of the most professional that we work with and the training that you provide to your customer service staff is excellent." For more of what brands are saying about Sierra Trading Post click here: Brand Testimonials.
Hot Marmot Brand Products
1. Marmot 30°F Mystic Sleeping Bag - Synthetic, Mummy- Features Climashield HL synthetic insulation and a classic trapezoidal footbox.
2. Marmot Ajax 2 Tent - 2-Person, 3-Season- Dependable and easy to set up plus full waterproof protection in nasty weather.
3. Marmot Variant Hooded Jacket - Polartec® Power Stretch® (For Women) - provides core warmth without leaving you all bulked up.
4. Marmot Optima Gore-Tex® PacLite® Jacket - Waterproof - This ultralight, packable shell will keep you playing hard through the worst of conditions.
5. Marmot Ledge Backpack - This backpack comfortably carries your electronics, everyday items and gear so you can head straight to the trail at the end of a full day.
6. Marmot PreCip® Jacket - Waterproof (For Women) - made of lightweight, super-compressible nylon with waterproof breathable PreCip® barrier technology and sealed seams.
Would you like to win a free product from Marmot? Comment below letting us know what adventures you are looking forward to this fall.
Would you like to double your odds of winning this giveaway? Share this link on Twitter, Google+ or pin it on Pinterest, then comment again to let us know where you shared it.
We'll pick one winner to receive the product of their choice from Sierra Trading Post. The winner will be contacted by email and announced on the blog on Thursday 9/19/13. Full contest rules.