Started in a University of California Santa Cruz dorm room, two climbing buddies designed and tested outdoor gear. They opened a retail store called Marmot Mountain Works in 1974. Their big break came when they outfitted Clint Eastwood and crew with technical jackets for the classic climbing film The Eiger Sanction.
Since those early days Marmot has grown into a leader in durable technical apparel, tents, sleeping bags and backpacks. Their products are designed for the outdoors and built tough enough to last. Don't take my word for it, read the over 10,000 Marmot Gear Reviews on our site.
Top Products From Marmot
1. Marmot ROM Jacket - Windstopper® - Its name stands for Range of Motion and Marmot's ROM Windstopper® jacket excels during active pursuits in moderate conditions.
2. Marmot Sphinx Backpack - 15L - Designed with a huge D-shaped opening for easy access to the entire main compartment, the Marmot Sphinx 15 backpack adds a hydration sleeve and a molded back panel for a variety of adventures.
3. Marmot Sunspot Shirt - Part light jacket, part cozy shirt, Marmot's Sunspot shirt features a smooth-faced fleece with pretty contrast stitching and a sporty, articulated fit.
4. Marmot Rocklin Fleece Pullover - Marmot's Rocklin fleece is made of soft, 100 wt. polyester fleece with flatlock seams for simple, non-bulky winter warmth.
5. Marmot PreCip® Pants - Waterproof - Made using the most lightweight, compressible and waterproof breathable fabric around, Marmot's PreCip® pants are a perfect fit for hikers.
Marmot Gear Giveaway
Would you like to win a FREE product from the Sierra Social Hub? Check out our selection of Marmot Gear then comment below letting us know what you'd choose to receive for free. We'll pick one comment and send the winner the product of his or her choice. The winner will be contacted by email and announced on the blog on Thursday, November 13, 2014.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. Open only to legal U.S. residents of the 50 United States and D.C. who are 18 years of age or older. See Official Rules at http://STP.me/BrandSpot for additional eligibility restrictions, prize descriptions/conditions, entry periods and complete details. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: Sierra Trading Post, Inc. 5025 Campstool Rd., Cheyenne, WY 82007.
Would you like to double your odds of winning this giveaway? Share this link on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or pin it on Pinterest, then comment again to let us know where you shared it.