Do you believe in ghosts? Many of the guests at this stunning hotel sure do. Known as one of the most haunted hotels in the United States, this week's Mystery Destination is sure to give you the heebie jeebies. Read the clues below and show off your paranormal knowledge by naming this week's Mystery Destination.
1. A famous automobile inventor used some of his fortune to build this hotel.
2. This hotel opened in 1909, making it the oldest hotel in the small town near Rocky Mountain National Park.
3. Most of the timber used to build this haunted hotel came from lodge pole pines killed in the Bear Lake Fire. The faint smell of smokey wood can still be detected by visitors on hot, summer days.
4. According to staff, this hotel's most haunted room is 418. Impressions of bodies have been found on the bed when the room is unoccupied, and playing children are often heard when no children are present.
5. Stephen King was inspired to write one of his most famous novels after spending a night in this hotel.
Can you name this Mystery Destination? Share the hotel's name and any good ghost stories you have about this location in the comments below.
*Featured image photo by paurian. This photo was cropped, filtered and overlayed with text.
Mystery Destination: Haunted Hotel
By Lauren Seidl
October 09, 2015
Join the Conversation