Just for fun, read through these 5 things you can do in one mystery destination, then comment on our Facebook page if you think you know where the destination is.
1. When you are in this area be sure to visit the home of over 400 alligators who love soaking in the 87 degree water year-round.
2. This area happens to be the starting point for a very large river. You can visit the river's headwaters to see it before it becomes a dividing line. This water will eventually become a boundary which cuts the shape of one of our largest states.
3. Spend some time playing in the sand. You'll be able to make many great sandcastles as there is no shortage of sand. In fact, some sand piles are hundreds of feet tall.
4. Do you feel like gaining some elevation? Within a short drive you can reach the trail heads for many high mountain peaks, including a few peaks that reach to elevations over 14,000 feet.
5. You are sure to see many beautiful views while in the area, but if you are looking for views that are out of this world, be sure to stop by the UFO observation tower located within this valley.
This mystery destination is a great place to visit. I've been there many times and I always have a lot of fun. There is excellent hiking, backpacking, camping and exploring to do in this area. There obviously is some very different entertainment opportunities to take part in as well.
Do you know where we are talking about?
Go to our Facebook page and leave a comment letting us know where this destination is located.
Thanks for playing along and check back for other mystery destinations in the future.
Mystery Destination: Reptiles, Sand and Mountains... Oh My!
By Andy Hawbaker
February 12, 2013
Join the Conversation