- This is the largest lake in this state and the largest mountain lake in the eastern United States.
- With 700-foot cliffs rising straight up from the lake, visitors have enjoyed hiking, kayaking, boating and more in this beautiful area.
- Set at an elevation of just over 1,000 feet, this lake is roughly 40 by 10 miles in size and has over 400 miles of shoreline.
- There are over 80 islands in this lake. The largest island is 4 miles long and two miles wide and is accessible by ferry from a nearby state park.
- The area around the lake is mountainous. There are multiple 3,000 foot tall peaks you can climb for amazing views.
Do you know the name of the mystery lake we've described above? Enter you guess in the comments below. Have you visited this area? Let us know when you were last there.
Thanks for playing along for this mystery destination game. Whether you got the name of this mystery lake or not, check out some of our other Mystery Destinations:
A Giant Volcano
A Deep Blue Lake