- The Monument is managed by the Bureau of Land Management rather than the National Park Service. This was the first National Monument managed by the BLM.
- Encompassing 1.9 million acres, the monument is slightly larger in area than the state of Delaware.
- The site shows the geologic progression of many layers of rock. You'll surely be amazed at the sights.
- While environmentalists had been pushing for the protection of this land for many years, there has been a lot of controversy of its protection since President Bill Clinton made it official in 1996.
- Besides breathtaking geologic activity, dinosaur fossils and petroglyphs from early people have also been found within the monument.
Do you know the name of the national monument we are talking about? Enter your guess in the comments below.
Too easy? Try these other Mystery Destinations: