Outdoor Research's history goes back to 1981 when founder Ron Gregg was working on his doctorate in applied physics. As a passionate mountain climber, Ron took a trip to the summit of Mt. McKinley with gear that didn't perform well. After that trip he developed a truly waterproof gaiter in his basement.
Starting with gaiters and other mountaineering accessories, Outdoor Research has used technology to make the highest quality gear. Now you'll find gloves, hats, waterproof jackets, synthetic jackets and down jackets, all available at Sierra Trading Post.
Hot Products From Outdoor Research
1. Outdoor Research Virtuoso Down Jacket - 650 Fill Power - this jacket makes it near impossible for cold weather to get you down.
2. Outdoor Research Verglas Gaiters - Outdoor Research Verglas gaiters are made for moving quickly across snowfields and through wet terrain.
3. Outdoor Research Havoc Windstopper® Jacket - Insulated (For Women) - If cold, blustery conditions are wreaking havoc on your mountain ascents or even your treks across parking lots, Outdoor Research's Havoc jacket shields you from fluctuating conditions.
4. Outdoor Research Powerhouse Hoodie Sweatshirt - For those days when the biting cold wind seems to be following you everywhere, Outdoor Research's Powerhouse hoodie sweatshirt lends the wind-blocking protection you need with Polartec® Wind Pro® fabric.
5. Outdoor Research Meteor Mittens - Waterproof- Outdoor Research's Meteor waterproof mittens have removable fleece liners with flaps that expose your thumb and fingers for when you need a little extra dexterity.
6. Outdoor Research Maestro Down Jacket - 800 Fill Power - this down jacket combines featherweight, extra-strong Pertex® Quantum fabric with 800 fill power down for warmth in the coldest mountain or urban environments.
Outdoor Research Giveaway
Would you like to win a product from Outdoor Research? Comment below letting us know which product you'd most like to receive for free. Full selection is available here: Or Gear
Would you like to double your odds of winning this giveaway? Share this link on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or pin it on Pinterest, then comment again to let us know where you shared it.
We'll pick one winner to receive the product of their choice from Sierra Trading Post. The winner will be contacted by email and announced on the blog on Thursday 10/10/13. Full contest rules.