Check out this photo and read the 5 clues to see if you can guess the name of the mystery destination.
- This State Park covers 5,362 acres of high desert at an altitude of 5,900 feet. The park includes some campgrounds, a hiking trail and some great mountain biking.
- The park offers a view of a plateau surrounded by sheer cliffs 2,000 feet high with only a narrow neck of land 30 yards wide connecting the mesa to the main plateau.
- According to one legend, the peninsula was used as a corral for wild mustangs roaming the mesa top. Cowboys rounded up these horses, herded them across the narrow neck of land and onto the point. The neck was then fenced off with branches and brush. This created a natural corral surrounded by precipitous cliffs straight down on all sides, affording no escape.
- Towering 2,000 feet above the river, the overlook provides a breathtaking panorama of the canyons below.
- This state park is located near two popular national parks so it's a popular place for visitors traveling with dogs.
Do you know the name of the state park described above? Have you ever visited this mystery destination? When were you last there?
Enter the name of the state park in the comments below.
Islands, Mountains and Ocean Front
Giant Trees and a Huge Peak
"High One"- Name this Mountain
Name that Trail
Kayaking, Whitewater Rafting and Fishing- Name this River
Canyons, Buttes and Mesas- Name this National Park