Salomon was started in 1947 in the French Alps. Francois Salomon and his wife and son started the company to build high performance ski gear. Since that time, the company has made many advances in skis, bindings and ski wear. In recent years Salomon spread its knowledge of building quality outdoor gear to shoes and athletic gear.
Salomon's running shoe line has won many awards and are well regarded within the trail running community. Don't take my word for it. We sent a pair of Trail Running Shoes to our friend Brian Green to get his opinion on these shoes. Here is what we said:
"The Salomon XR Crossmax Neutral CS trail shoe are perfect for runners that like to tear up lose gravely trails through all the dirt and mud they can find. As a pair of dedicated trail runners these shoe shine."
Read his full review here: Brian's Blog.
1. Salomon XR Crossmax Neutral Trail Running Shoes (For Women) - High-mileage runners looking to cross any terrain find their versatility needs in the XR Crossmax Neutral trail running shoes.
2. Salomon XR Crossmax Neutral CS Trail Running Shoes (For Men) - Salomon's XR Crossmax Neutral CS trail running shoes offer loads of technical performance in a lightweight package, built for all-year wear.
3. Salomon Moto II Shirt - Zip Neck, Long Sleeve (For Men) - Constructed of lightweight stretch-waffle ActiLITE fabric that dries quickly wicks moisture and breathes for constant comfort in a variety of conditions.
4. Salomon XA Shirt - Short Sleeve (For Women) - As the trail intensifies, the XA shirt keeps you cool and comfortable with climate-regulating actiLITE mock eyelet fabric in the main body and actiLITE stretch mesh inserts at key positions to facilitate airflow.
5. Salomon Lay Back II Jacket (For Women) - Ideal as a midlayer on cold days or a stand-alone jacket on chilly days, the Lay Back II jacket does all the hard work of keeping you warm with cozy actiTHERM fleece.
6. Salomon Techamphibian 2 Mat Shoes (For Women) - The Techamphibian 2 Mat shoes feature a highly breathable mesh upper, a rapid lacing system and a versatile Contragrip® outsole that moves easily from water to dry land.
7. Salomon S Wind CS Trail Running Shoes (For Men) - Whether you're dodging puddles on your evening run or running errands around town in a rainstorm, the S Wind trail running shoes will keep your feet supported and protected from the elements.
Would you like to win a free product from Salomon? Simply comment below letting us know which awesome Salomon product you'd most like to win. The full selection is available here: Salomon
Would you like to double your odds of winning this Giveaway? Share this link on Twitter, Google+ or pin it on Pinterest then comment again to let us know where you shared it.
We'll pick one winner to receive the Salomon product of their choice from Sierra Trading Post. The winner will be contacted by email and announced on the blog on Thursday 8/8/13. Full contest rules.