- This outdoorsy city has taken home 'Best Town' bragging rights in Outside Magazine's 2011 and 2015 voting competitions.
- The city's official nickname is Scenic City, reflecting that the city is surrounded by mountains and has a river running through it.
- With world-class rock climbing, excellent paddling and unlimited hiking in the surrounding Appalachian mountains, the city truly is an outdoor paradise.
- Signal Point, a high point northeast of this city was an important point for Union soldiers to communicate with the outside world as it was the only high point that the Union controlled in the fall of 1863. This point is now a national military park.
- Kayakers have plenty to be excited about in this area. A nearby river was the whitewater event site for the 1996 Olympic Summer Games.
Do you know the name of this city? Enter your guess in the comments below.
Too easy? Try these other outdoor Mystery Destinations:
Mystery Rock Climbing Destination
A Weird and Scenic Landscape
Name this Long Distance Hiking Trail
Mountainous National Park
Featured photo courtesy of Bryce Edwards.