- This peak is the highest mountain in both the Western and Southern Hemispheres at an elevation of 22,837 feet above sea level.
- The mountain has a number of glaciers. The largest glacier is the Ventisquero Horcones Inferior at about 10 km long.
- This mountain is arguably the highest non-technical mountain in the world. The northern route can be climbed without the use of ropes, axes, and pins. Although the climb is technically easy, multiple casualties occur every year and the altitude effects can be significant.
- This peak is one of the Seven Summits, a name given to the tallest peak on each of the seven continents.
- The name for this mountain comes from the local language meaning 'Stone Sentinel'. This peak is located within a Provincial Park of the same name.
Do you know what mountain we're talking about? Enter the name of this peak in the comments below. Too easy? Try these other Mystery Destinations:
Mystery Rock Climbing Destination
A Weird and Scenic Landscape
Name this Long Distance Hiking Trail
Mountainous National Park