- This area is actually comprised of a national park and three state parks for a combined 133,000 acres protecting an old-growth forest containing some of the largest trees on Earth. These amazing forests are the main attraction to these parks.
- In addition to the well-known trees, the parks preserve other indigenous plants and animals, grassland prairie, and 37 miles of pristine coastline.
- The area around these parks and the adjacent offshore area is the most seismically active areas in the United States resulting in frequent minor earthquakes.
- The parks are popular for camping, hiking, photography, horseback riding and mountain biking. The state parks offer some drive-in campsite but to camp in the national park you'll want to reserve your backcountry permit.
- The unique forest has been a backdrop for many movies. Films such as Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, The Lost World: Jurassic Park, Outbreak, and Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
Do you know the name of this national park? Bonus points for naming the state parks too. Enter your guess in the comments below.
Too easy? Try this national parks quiz or these other Mystery Destination Games.