Liquid Fuel Stoves
- Have better temperature control.
- Work better at higher altitudes.
- Features a reusable fuel bottle. Simply add more fuel when you need it.
- Works more efficiently at colder temperatures then compared to a canister stove.
- Great from group cooking or for longer trips.
- Take up less space in your backpack.
- Are lighter weight that liquid fuel stoves
- No learning curve. Simply light the stove and go.
- The canisters are not reusable but you can recycle used canisters.
As you can see, when you compare liquid fuel vs. canister stoves, each stype of camp stoves has their advantages. If you plan to cook in cold temperatures, at high elevation and need better temperature control, you'll want to go with a liquid fuel stoves. If you'd prefer an easy to use, light weight and easy to pack option, go with a canister stove.