10 Things To Do While Camping
1. Throw Rocks - Seriously, you remember throwing rocks as a kid. It's just as much fun now as it ever was.
2. Just hang out. Nothing is better than a little hammock time. Catch a well-deserved nap, collect your thoughts or read a book. You'll be happy you took the time to relax.
3. Slackline. Slacklining is a fun activity that is easy to set up at camp. It takes a while to get the hang of it but if you set it up everyone can take a turn and you'll see by the end of the weekend that your skills are improving.
4. Hang with friends. Everything is better with friends. We rarely go camping without friends. It keeps the kids busy and it's fun for the adults too.
5. Cool off. What's more fun than playing in water? Camp near a lake, a river or the ocean and spend the weekend playing in the water.
6. Make a snack. Everybody smiles when it's s'mores time. If regular s'mores have gotten boring, try a gourmet s'mores recipe or invent your own campfire dessert.
7. Take a hike. Whether you head out on an intense hike or a take simple trail near the campground, you will all enjoy a little exercise and exploring.
8. Explore. Any campsite will have places to explore. Build a log bridge over the creek, climb on rocks or look for signs of wildlife. The outdoors is full of things to discover.
9. Play games. When the rain comes, get in the tent a break out a game. Everyone likes a good family card game. Before you know it, the rain will pass and you can get back to playing outside.
10. Catch frogs, tadpoles, minnows or bugs. Trust me, I've spent an entire afternoon catching minnows with a plastic cup. It's fun, you'll laugh and you'll probably get wet plus kids can learn a lot from spending time checking out small animals and insects.
There are 10 ideas for things to do on your next camping trip. I used photos of my kids but these ideas all work for adults without children. Camping is a great way to relax, have fun and maybe even be a kid again. Just get outside and have fun.
Check out these 10 camping items under $10 each.