Tips for Coiling a Climbing Rope
1. Grab both ends of your climbing rope with one hand. Pull it over your head and drape it across your shoulders.
2. Lightly grab the rope between your thumb and index finger and pull the rope back across your shoulders the other way.
3. Continue to do this back and forth until you reach the end of your climbing rope. While you are doing it, make sure that the rope is staying pretty even on both sides.
4. Carefully inspect the rope for any frays or dead spots while you coil it.
5. When you reach the end pull the rope over your head. Grab it in the middle then grab the tail end and wrap it around a few times.
6. When you get to a small loop, pull it through the top loop of the rope and pull it over the top.
Now your rope is wrapped up nice and neat. It's easier to carry back to the car and it's easy to hang it up when you store it at home.
**Thanks to Justin Fricke, the Weekend Warrior for sharing this great climbing tip.**