"It's perfect, now make it better." With this direction coming from Chairman Gert Boyle, it's no wonder Columbia Sportswear continues to create quality jackets and sports apparel year after year. This well-known, family-operated brand was founded in Portland, Oregon, which is where the now national company is still based today.
The parents of Columbia's current chairman fled Nazi Germany in 1938 and purchased a hat company shortly after arriving to their new home in Portland. The purchase of this hat company symbolized a fresh start for the couple, who named their new purchase Columbia Hat Company after a nearby river.
At Sierra Trading Post, we love carrying Columbia Sportswear apparel, jackets and shoes for women, men and kids. Check out some of the products we currently have in stock.
1. Columbia Sportswear Heater-Change Omni-Tech® Jacket - Waterproof (For Men): This fully seam sealed jacket will keep you dry in the wettest of weather. Explore the trails or the town in this jacket featuring Omni-Tech® heating technology and a detachable hood.
2. Columbia Sportswear Freeze Degree II Shirt - Omni-Freeze® ZERO, UPF 30, Short Sleeve (For Men): This silky soft shirt wicks sweat and features ventilated mesh panels to keep you cool while you work hard. A UPF rating of 30 will protect you from the sun's rays as you explore.
3. Columbia Sportswear Rapid Rise Graphic T-Shirt - Short Sleeve (For Men): A colorful, casual shirt just in time for spring, this comfy T-shirt from Columbia will allow you to express your love for everything outdoors even when you're lounging around the house.
4. Columbia Sportswear Coastal Escape Shirt - 3/4 Sleeve (For Women): Bask in the spring sunshine wearing this slubbed knit three quarter length sleeve shirt from Columbia. The candy mint color will freshen up your wardrobe and the casual-chic vibe will help you stay comfy as you hit the town.
5. Columbia Sportswear Freeze Degree III Shirt - UPF 30, Zip Neck, Long Sleeve (For Women): Get your workout on with this breathable, lightweight longsleeve. This shirt wicks moisture quickly and has a UPF-rating of 30 to protect you from the sun.
6. Columbia Sportswear EvaPOURation Omni-Tech® Jacket - Waterproof (For Women): This rain jacket's Omni-Tech® waterproof breathable membrane will keep moisture away both inside and out. Embrace the April showers in this fully seam sealed jacket from Columbia.
Want to take a shot at winning a Columbia Sportswear product from Sierra Trading Post? Enter the raffle below for a chance to win one Columbia product of your choice. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Columbia Sportswear Brand Spotlight and Giveaway
By Lauren Seidl
March 03, 2016
Join the Conversation