With cool temperatures setting in, it might be time to inventory your base layers and warm socks. Need to update your active wear for chilly weather? If you haven't already met SmartWool, let me introduce you. This brand was started in 1994 by two ski instructors in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. SmartWool was first known for their soft, breathable socks, but they have since evolved to produce base layers, jackets, hats and more. The secret ingredient in all of SmartWool's products is merino wool, a comfy fiber from an ancient, mountain-dwelling sheep that is breathable, insulating, soft and lightweight. The perfect fiber for all you explorers out there.
We love SmartWool, and we think you'd hit off with them, too. Take a look at some of our favorite SmartWool layering products.
1. SmartWool NTS Midweight Pattern Base Layer Top - Merino Wool, Zip Neck, Long Sleeve (For Women): This midweight baselayer is designed to perform best when it is nestled up to your skin. In other words, this should be the first layer you put on. Keep adding the layers or rock it by itself.
2. SmartWool NTS Light Base Layer Top - Merino Wool, Long Sleeve (For Women): NTS stands for next to skin, meaning that's where this baselayer should be worn. This lightweight layer works hard to wick moisture and kick odor out. Sweat as much as you want in this baselayer; its got you covered.
3. SmartWool PhD NTS 250 Funnel Shirt - Merino Wool, Zip Neck, Long Sleeve (For Men): This impressive baselayer has a PhD, meaning it was built for performance in the highest degree. Another next-to-skin baselayer, this midweight half-zip should be the first layer you put on before heading outside. Cover it with more layers or show it off on its own.
4. SmartWool NTS Micro 150 Pattern Base Layer Top - Merino Wool, Long Sleeve (For Men): This lightweight, next-to-skin baselayer has the softness of a napping shirt and the performance qualities of a running shirt. So, you decide. Whether you need a day to refuel or a day to explore, you can't go wrong with this SmartWool baselayer.
5. SmartWool Ski Town Beanie Hat - Merino Wool Blend (For Men and Women): Ski town, snowshoe town, camp town... this SmartWool beanie works well in any town, really. The soft merino wool won't feel scratchy on your noggin and will work to keep your head dry and odor free, no matter what type of adventure you're on. Stay warm and look good doing any activity in this beanie.
Are you stoked on SmartWool yet? Sierra Trading Post always offers savings to help you explore more, but we'd like to give you an extra 20% off SmartWool product.
While you're here, you might as well enter our raffle for a chance to win any SmartWool product of your choice. Enter the contest below. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. Open only to legal U.S. residents of the 50 United States and D.C. who are 18 years of age or older. See Official Rules at http://STP.me/BrandSpot for additional eligibility restrictions, prize descriptions/conditions, entry periods and complete details. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: Sierra Trading Post, Inc. 5025 Campstool Rd., Cheyenne, WY 82007.
SmartWool Brand Spotlight and Giveaway
By Lauren Seidl
October 22, 2015
Join the Conversation