Woolrich outfitted lumberjacks before the plaid wearing, beard growing group was trending. Company founder John Rich sold wool fabric, socks, coverlets and yarn at Pennsylvania lumber yards starting in the 1830s. In 1845, he built a mill that is still standing today in a community now known as Woolrich, Pennsylvania.
A company with such early beginnings is bound to have some rumors floating around. Woolrich is believed to be the first company to use a zipper in men's trousers and the first to produce the buffalo check shirt, a classic piece of outdoor apparel. As a brand that lived through the Civil War, the Great Depression and two world wars, it's safe to assume that Woolrich will be creating and revolutionizing American outdoor wear for years to come.
Sierra Trading Post offers Woolrich products at great prices so you can discover more of what life has to offer. Take a look at some of our favorite Woolrich apparel.
1. Woolrich Snowdrifter Quilted Vest - Insulated (For Women): Stay warm and stylish in this core-warming vest from Woolrich. This vest is designed to keep you toasty without adding bulk or creating a boxy shape. With a quilted exterior and Arctic insulation, this vest means business when it comes to keeping you warm.
2. Woolrich Black Baraboo II Fleece Jacket (For Women): This jacket made from Sherpa fleece is sure to keep you cozy when the temperature drops. Wear it by itself on a cool day or layer it with a shell when the weather outside is frightful. Either way, this fleece jacket will be delightful.
3. Woolrich Sierra Down Coat - 550 Fill Power (For Women): Stay warm and look good this winter with the Sierra Down Coat from Woolrich. Armed with an insulated collar and large pockets to keep that chill at bay, this puffy down jacket has what it takes to give winter a run for its money.
4. Woolrich Mountain Wool Parka - Fleece Lined (For Men): Winter won't know what hit it when you don this wool parka from Woolrich. A fleece lining adds extra warmth, while the wool exterior covers performance by wicking moisture and resisting wind. Inner and outer snap pockets allow you to carry all the essentials.
5. Woolrich Rich Flannel Shirt - Long Sleeve (For Men): The classic look of this flannel makes it perfect for work or play. Stay comfortable all day in this soft, cotton button-up.
6. Woolrich Buffalo Check Wool Hat (For Men): Keep your head warm with this Woolrich buffalo check wool hat. Drop down flaps lined with fleece will protect your ears and neck from harsh winter weather, while the visor will protect you from the sun.
Want a chance to win a Woolrich product of your choice from Sierra Trading Post? Enter our raffle below!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. Open only to legal U.S. residents of the 50 United States and D.C. who are 18 years of age or older. See Official Rules at http://STP.me/BrandSpot for additional eligibility restrictions, prize descriptions/conditions, entry periods and complete details. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: Sierra Trading Post, Inc. 5025 Campstool Rd., Cheyenne, WY 82007.
Woolrich Brand Spotlight and Giveaway
By Lauren Seidl
November 05, 2015
Join the Conversation