You will need the following items:
Watch the video below for a full step-by-step description of how to wax a snowboard. A ski tuning kit could be helpful. Waxing skis is basically the same. For a video on how to wax skis follow this link: Waxing Skis.
Directions on How to Wax a Snowboard
- Take a nylon pad and scrub the base of the snowboard. This will clean the base and prepare it to receive the wax.
- Use a rag to wipe off the dirt, dust and wax particles.
- Place the first coat of wax on the snowboard by dripping the wax onto the board with a properly heated waxing iron.
- Iron the wax in so that it is evenly covering the entire board.
- Scrape the first coat of wax off with a scraper while it is still warm.
- Scrub the base again with a soft nylon brush.
- Wipe the board clean with a rag.
- Cover the snowboard in wax again. This time let the wax fully cool down before scraping it off.
- Scrape the wax off evenly then rub the base down so it is smooth and ready to go.
- Use the scraper to fully remove the wax from the metal edges.
Those are the steps to waxing a snowboard at home. Follow this link to save 25% off a Swix Ski Tuning Kit.Be sure to watch the video for full snowboard waxing instruction.